glass

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
wend to the dentist and found a couple boxes sitting on the deck when I got back. I-90 must be open as these came from Mn. the windshield has 3 stone chips in it and wiper streaks on both sides so elected for a new one. as long as I was getting, got the vent and front door glass from them also. great job of packing and I asked them to ship Speedee, a regional delivery service. ordered it Monday we had the interstate closed Wednesday and Thursday it was here before noon on Friday. not bad. I had them inspected and the big one in by 3pm. makes you feel good to see the glass go back in we are getting there. she runs and stops now and you don't have to pick bugs out of your teeth. even got heat. life is good.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 224
Yeah too bad no tinted glass I always use it when I can. I usually use a cord to pull the rubber in rather than the tool. Perhaps comes from being a junkman and working with brittle glass. Nice job new rubber? I started out at 14 with a strait 8 Pontiac so see this one on the road again will be neat.

Original glass was clear. We could have put tinted in the front. But to etch the pattern in for the quarter glass with tint would not turn out so well. So decided to go clear all round. Armbrusters were a cheap rig. We are trying to get as close as we can to what is was not what we would want it to be. after all that is the club goal. There are a few things we are changing but staying with armbrusters construction methods. Can't get the oil cloth for the interier any more so we will but in the newer stuff in there pattern. But the dark headliner threw out was just to closed up so went with a lighter gray like the cabinets are covered in. The cost of redoing the original radiator was so out of line we went with a aluminium one with the same shape on top. So right now it's get the tack strip on for the wind lacing and the anti vibration on the roof. We will get the doors sand blasted the next warm day and start on them. It is nice to see it coming togathet. We have had it way to long in as found condition.

Back