Southern Calls photo id please...

Kent Dorsey

PCS Member / Funeral Director
All right experts, Mike Squires needs to know...
Is this a 1951 National Pontiac?

Attachments

• Vaughn Ambulance.jpg
    Vaughn Ambulance.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 456
I concur. Defiantly not National. Great pic. I've never seen running lights mounted on the B pillar. Kind of cool. - Thanks for sharing

1952 Economy/Pontiac, Style 1000 junior ambulance (short stretch)

Amazing, many thanks. Also glad Editor Mike Squires is concerned with getting it right. I had already schooled him that the coachbuilder comes first in the name, so he had that right when he emailed...
Thanks Steve...

52 it is the older ones don't have that upper spear on the door. I did not realize they still had those torpedo fenders that late.

we all pick up a number of small changes from each year that helps us sort it out. from any given angle your can get lost. i remember handing these old pictures of 20-30s stuff to dad and he could rattle them off fast. the new stuff you have to get close enough to read the label and then I have seen to people stand there and argue over what it was.

this is one loaded poncho. the use of the landau bars on the ambulance? I'm guessing this was a trend of Economy's on there no center door modal. the only pair of pictures I have seen of a Economy ambulance are this way. it was nice to see one more surface.

Hey last night my wife and I were at Burger King I remarked what a nice color Camery parked in the lot she said yes nice color but its a Hundi Red Face pardon spelling I dislike them so much can't spell em. Yes we did get in our Crown Vic and drive away.

Back