1938 Cadillac LaSalle Sayer & Scovill Carved Sided

20k? thats alot for its condition. I know you dont see the carved panels too often but 20k seems a bit high. If anything maybe one could salvage the actual carved panels onto their project. I know Rocky Fluegge recently got one of these he is restoring, maybe he could use the panels. But probably not at that price

The car is restorable. Finding the power train would be the hard part. 20 is about 18 more then I would pay but I have only seen one of these redone. Some one with more money then I might want it. On this one the carved sides are cast aluminum. But the whole back interier is wood.

nothing compared to john and Patty's. you ever looked at his set of pictures he displays with it?

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 159
Ed third picture you put up is not of our hearse. Will dig out pictures tomorrow of when it arrived and post a couple of them to show how rough it was. This 1938 is a end load only and by the sunburst glass behind the front glass looks like bullet holes in it and would be hard to replace and very expensive. John and Patti.

Point here is if your pockets and devotion are up to it this is a great project. AND its got sidemounts. Power train is basicly the same up through 47 so not THAT big a problem.

It is never too much if you have deep pockets. ANYTHING can be brought back to pristine condition with time and enough MONEY!

really all it takes is desire and the willingness to get your hands dirty. then you got to stay with the project threw the time it take to siphon off your pension enough to do it. if your willing to give up smoking, drinking and gambling you can put money into the car. ;)

That car is definitely savable.

That car is definitely savable. But it will require deep pockets.

Back