A Christmas Thank-you

*Disclaimer: This post refers to the current season as "Christmas". If that is an issue for you, please don't read any further.*

Paul Steinberg has mentioned to me, a few times, the old American Express adage..."Membership has its privileges". Truer words have never been spoken.

Since I started visiting this website a few short months ago, and subsequent to my becoming a member of PCS and a supporter of this website, I have certainly reaped the rewards. What a miniscule investment the fees I have paid are compared to the knowledge I have already gained and the money I have already saved. As an added bonus, I have made some acquaintenceships and friendships that I value and look forward to building on.

In a few hours, my wife and I will be hopping on a plane for New Brunswick to spend Christmas with her family, and I will have limited internet and Blackberry access. We'll be back on the 28th, and I look forward to catching up!

It is with a true sense of appreciation that I wish you all, and your families, a joyful Christmas, and extend a heartfelt wish that all of your dreams come true in 2010.

"Lo, I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day, in the City of David, a Saviour, Christ the Lord".

Doug

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all PCS and website friends. May everyone travel safe, and may next year be a great one for all.:)

Josh

Doug, thank you. That's exactly why we are here, to help each other, teach each other, learn from each other, and share with each other. I have learned so much over the years from the true experts in the hobby and from the people who designed and built our cars long ago.

I truly enjoy my PCS friends. Sarah said it best once, "these are the people we choose to go on our summer vacation with." :cool:

And that's why some of us fight so hard to make this club that kind of place, where we learn and enjoy our cars and our friends.

Good travels, everyone, I'll be at work protecting the travelling public on Christmas Eve (and probably at my volunteer firehouse Christmas Day).

Merry Christmas - and Happy Chanukkah ;) - to all, and to all, good night!

You should have good coverage where you are going. I used to live right across the river in Mactaquac and coverage was good from both Rogers and Bell.

Merry Christmas to all

I quite agree, a great bunch of worthies, and I wish you ALL the very Best for the coming year of 2010 and a Very Happy Christmas too.

Dave

I would also like to thank everyone here for their friendship, advice, encouragement, etc. This forum is a wonderful place and for that we should all be grateful to Paul Steinberg. I believe Paul to be a thoughtful , yet intense person. He doesn't just talk, he talks with knowledge. Hats off to you Brother!

And may I take this opportunity to wish everybody here a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Loving New Year. Be safe! Be well! And keep peace and love in your heart.

Pcs friends

I would also like to thank everyone here for their friendship, advice, encouragement, etc. This forum is a wonderful place and for that we should all be grateful to Paul Steinberg. I believe Paul to be a thoughtful , yet intense person. He doesn't just talk, he talks with knowledge. Hats off to you Brother!

And may I take this opportunity to wish everybody here a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Loving New Year. Be safe! Be well! And keep peace and love in your heart.

Bill I Agree with You 1000 %. We have People Like Paul who has Such a Vast Knowledge ( I am Sure there are Others But I cannot Think of The Names Right Now Due to My Pain Meds I am on. The PCS is The BEST Club and Website Anyone Could Ever Use and Be Involved With. We all give Paul a Bad Time BUT PAUL IS A GOLD MINE OF INFORMATION. I would Trust Paul to diagnose My Car over The Phone Than some of these other Mechanic Shops
That Supposedly Know Everything. Our Friendship Here is The Ultimate in Friendships. Anyone That Knows Me Will tell You I would bend over Backwards To Help. AS Some May Know I entered The Hospital on 12/04 for back Pain. Treatments did Not work on 12/09 I had back Surgery and was Progressing Really Well on Monday on 12/14 i Suffered a Pulmonary Embolism and Have Been trying to rectify this ( Nice thing about all of this is My Back pain is from the Surgery (Much Better) I hope all of MY Pcs friends are Staying Warm and Staying Healthy. and I hope to See All of You Soon
Have a Safe and Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

Russ. Barb Mikey & Briana

Bill I Agree with You 1000 %. We have People Like Paul who has Such a Vast Knowledge ( I am Sure there are Others But I cannot Think of The Names Right Now Due to My Pain Meds I am on. The PCS is The BEST Club and Website Anyone Could Ever Use and Be Involved With. We all give Paul a Bad Time BUT PAUL IS A GOLD MINE OF INFORMATION. I would Trust Paul to diagnose My Car over The Phone Than some of these other Mechanic Shops
That Supposedly Know Everything. Our Friendship Here is The Ultimate in Friendships. Anyone That Knows Me Will tell You I would bend over Backwards To Help. AS Some May Know I entered The Hospital on 12/04 for back Pain. Treatments did Not work on 12/09 I had back Surgery and was Progressing Really Well on Monday on 12/14 i Suffered a Pulmonary Embolism and Have Been trying to rectify this ( Nice thing about all of this is My Back pain is from the Surgery (Much Better) I hope all of MY Pcs friends are Staying Warm and Staying Healthy. and I hope to See All of You Soon
Have a Safe and Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

Russ. Barb Mikey & Briana

Russ, if you didnt bend over backwards, you might not have back pain!....LOL......But seriously, hope you are on the mend. To echo what others have said, this group is a vast resource of information. When i arrived on the PCS scene 6 years ago, I knew NOTHING about Pro Cars. Today, I have a pretty good base of knowledge but no where near what some of you have. Many thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge, made me laugh, cry and even gotten me mad. Thank you Paul for what you do on the website, Thank you Brady and the Publications crew (especially Walt McCall) for a fine magazine and especially a HUGE thank you to everyone for being friends! Merry Christmas to one and all!

Well said from all. The PCS members are by far the best and extremely helpful. I too, have reaped many benefits from being a member of this organization.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good night!

Richard

since I blew it on the other post I'll put my card to you all here. thank each and everyone one for making this last year for us turn out the way it did. it has been a eye opening year in a lot of ways but having friends like the lot of you to be with makes it all worth while.2009 card.jpg

I would like to thank PCS member Carl Woerner who takes the time to open his coach dealership to us for tours and events. Carl also deserves our praise for being a true friend to our hobby, and a source of replacement parts which would otherwise be impossible to get.

Paul who is our oricle for all things automotive, and provides us with our outstanding web-site and discusion foums. He is a friend in every sense of the word.

Ed Renstrom who shares his experience and expertise in auto body restoration. His restoration photo albums are a brain trust on the "how to" for professional cars.

I would also like to thank each of the contributors on our web-site for sharing your experiences, humor, tall tales, and being civil to our fellow members.

Robert Shepard

A Funny Story

This has been our Christmas story (better than the leg lamp) for the past 5 or 6 years. I don't know if I can put it in print and it be near as funny. Jeremy's church had a live nativity scene, they had a giraffe, donkeys, sheep, I'm not sure what else. Jeremy was a wise man. He was kneeling before the manger. Well, they had been forewarned that the miniature donkeys like to come up and get in your face and mess with you and to just give them a small slap. Well, Jeremy is kneeling and up comes Carlos. He gets all in Jeremy's face, Jeremy slaps him. He keeps pestering Jeremy. Finally Carlos puts one foot on one of Jeremy's shoulders, then puts the other foot on the other shoulder. Well, let's put it this way, Carlos must have enjoyed being slapped. Jeremy couldn't get Carlos off him and all he could do was just fall over backwards. Later he was told he screamed, "Help, I'm being raped by a donkey". He didn't remember that. Ok, keep in mind this is a 'drive through' nativity scene and all this time cars are driving through. Now, the shepherds are taking their canes and trying to beat Carlos off of Jeremy. I can't imagine what the people driving through in the cars were thinking and how they were explaining this to their kids. It's just a funny story that we've shared over the years every Christmas. When Jeremy called me, I called a friend to tell her and we were laughing so hard I could barely tell the story. Every chance I get I have Jeremy tell it. He gives me 'the look' but then as he starts telling it he gets all into it. I had him tell it at the banquet the night before his graduation from mortuary school. He even stood up in a chair telling it.

I'll close with, it's been great knowing all of you because Jeremy is probably going to kill me after this one! Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

This has been our Christmas story (better than the leg lamp) for the past 5 or 6 years. I don't know if I can put it in print and it be near as funny. Jeremy's church had a live nativity scene, they had a giraffe, donkeys, sheep, I'm not sure what else. Jeremy was a wise man. He was kneeling before the manger. Well, they had been forewarned that the miniature donkeys like to come up and get in your face and mess with you and to just give them a small slap. Well, Jeremy is kneeling and up comes Carlos. He gets all in Jeremy's face, Jeremy slaps him. He keeps pestering Jeremy. Finally Carlos puts one foot on one of Jeremy's shoulders, then puts the other foot on the other shoulder. Well, let's put it this way, Carlos must have enjoyed being slapped. Jeremy couldn't get Carlos off him and all he could do was just fall over backwards. Later he was told he screamed, "Help, I'm being raped by a donkey". He didn't remember that. Ok, keep in mind this is a 'drive through' nativity scene and all this time cars are driving through. Now, the shepherds are taking their canes and trying to beat Carlos off of Jeremy. I can't imagine what the people driving through in the cars were thinking and how they were explaining this to their kids. It's just a funny story that we've shared over the years every Christmas. When Jeremy called me, I called a friend to tell her and we were laughing so hard I could barely tell the story. Every chance I get I have Jeremy tell it. He gives me 'the look' but then as he starts telling it he gets all into it. I had him tell it at the banquet the night before his graduation from mortuary school. He even stood up in a chair telling it.

I'll close with, it's been great knowing all of you because Jeremy is probably going to kill me after this one! Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

First The Pig Now a DONKEY LOL

Russ

since I blew it on the other post I'll put my card to you all here. thak each and everyone one for making this last year for us turn out the way it did. it has been a eye opening year in a lot of ways but having friends like the lot of you to be with makes it all worth while.

Ed, are you trying to kill me here. TWO Criterions in one picture!!!! A human being is not capable of handling that much excitement!!! :eek::eek:

Happy Holidays to all!

And to the year to come, may it be the best for all of us! Personally, 2010 will be full of changes (most of them good!). I am looking forward to going forth into the new year with hope for a good year and I wis the same for everyone!

I believe Paul to be a thoughtful , yet intense person. He doesn't just talk, he talks with knowledge. Hats off to you Brother!

... And talks and talks and talks... You're the best Paul! Merry Christmas everyone.

Jim

Ed, are you trying to kill me here. TWO Criterions in one picture!!!! A human being is not capable of handling that much excitement!!! :eek::eek:

Richard: if Im REALLY REALLY lucky, maybe I can get Robert and his friend in SF AND Doug House to come to the joint PCS/EVOOA meet in Post Falls Idaho in 2011. Then we could have THREE Criterions in one place!

Back