74 Chevy ambulance

Doug Kelley

PCS Member / Funeral Director
Anybody here know if anyone bought the 74 on e-bay, I see it did'nt hit reserve....I had to stop bidding out of fear for my life....................

If you mean the Chevy Van that was on there a few months ago, last I saw was the ambulance specific parts were being parted out on Ebay. It never sold for the $4700 or so that was being asked for it.

I had looke at it

I saw it up close and personal. It needed a good deal of work but was a nice car. It was a shame to see it parted out, but I think the price was a little steep and I was equally poor.............and still am!

The person who bought it got it to flip it, because I posted it to a couple places when it was on Craigslist for $1600. I was real tempted to get it and make it a Mother, Jugs and Speed replica. It would have been a great van to start with, since it had all the windows in the right places. By the time I had a plan together it was already in the new owners hands and the price had more than doubled.

Chevy

That's what I meant, it was on e-bay just last week and I was bidding on it. Hope someone gets it, to nice to scrap.

With what is on it, the current owner would be wise to ask more like $3000 for it. Still a good return on the investment. I think it's appeal is too limited to bring what he is asking for it. It's just not "classic" enough yet, but it does have a fair amount of valuable equipment on it.

Back