And What Did You Get for Christmas?

Happened to mention to my son Kyle that if I ever had the money, I wouldn't mind going for a flight in the WW II Lancaster Bomber that is kept at the Hamilton, ON Airport. THe price of a 30 minute ride was $3,000 ( $2,000 for a life time museum membership, a pre-requisite and $1,000 for the flight) Well it's not a Lancaster but the family bought me a 30 minute flight on the B-17 Flying Fortress based out of the Yankee Air Museum at Willow Run Airport outside Detroit. What a neat gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting the time to spend with my wife Terri and my son Skyler. We are in Beaumont, Texas today and Terri has the whole day planned with dinner and such. She went and got Skyler a Christmas tree and set it up in his apartment.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Santa was already good to Barb and me, brought us a new 2010 Ford Explorer yesterday. Forgot to take the payment book with him though. We'll get through it!!!

Happened to mention to my son Kyle that if I ever had the money, I wouldn't mind going for a flight in the WW II Lancaster Bomber that is kept at the Hamilton, ON Airport. THe price of a 30 minute ride was $3,000 ( $2,000 for a life time museum membership, a pre-requisite and $1,000 for the flight) Well it's not a Lancaster but the family bought me a 30 minute flight on the B-17 Flying Fortress based out of the Yankee Air Museum at Willow Run Airport outside Detroit. What a neat gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean that is a very Neat gift. Willow run airport is Small but very nice.

Russ

Lucky me!

Jamie and Erica got me a copy of Tom McPherson's "Miller / Meteor" book! It was completely unexpected, considering that they really don't know pro-cars very well! And then, one of my vehicles is in it! Wow!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

AND, we have a very white Christmas this year! (about 4" of white stuff!)

Kevin, on Flickr you have to view the pic you want to link, then click "actions", scroll down & click "all sizes", then select what size you want (small - large) and right click that image & click "properties" and copy the URL adress that displays (it'll start with "//farm5.static. flickr... blah blah) this is the only way to link Flickr photos since they changed it all around... hope this helps. here's one of the pix of your Caddy. Nice!

5223067323_d28185dfde_b.jpg

You're welcome. It's always good to see another car get rescued from a barn, most around here have dirt floors & infested with varmints... and they're falling down or in various stages of disrepair. Your Cadillac looks like it survived quite well! Some minor puckering along the bottom of the body but not too bad at all. Us northern guys will gladly take anything that nice, the rust belt is hard on our rides. I just passed a salt truck on the way home tonight & cringed driving on all the fresh salt peppered down on the road.

For Christmas I got Pinner parts. Now have new hood trim & lower grill trim. An added bonus was a package from Indiana... contents were new front fender corner brows (no one has had any repops to sell for nearly a year) and a set of rear cove moldings specific to the Biscayne wagon & never reproduced. The funny thing about this is the seller's name is REALLY Chris Kringle, he does the swap meets in Indiana, Ohio, & Michigan!

I'm getting the time to spend with my wife Terri and my son Skyler. We are in Beaumont, Texas today and Terri has the whole day planned with dinner and such. She went and got Skyler a Christmas tree and set it up in his apartment.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

You sir are exactly 45 minutes due east of me on IH-10. Welcome to The Great State of Texas. :smileTEXAS:

Pro Car Related

I got a couple noteworthy items that are directly or indirectly related to my pro car addiction. One of my elected officials actually got me a large ambulance 20s vintage Ford. Originally it was a decanter for Jim Beam but the bourbon was gone :alc: But it is a neat car just the same. I also got a new air compressor!

This year a few things for the cars arrived over the couple of days before Christmas. I got a some pieces of period ambulance equipment from Jon VanDermark: an oxygen tank holder, an equipment bag and a Robertshaw resuscitator! Thanks Jon, they arrived Thursday in good shape! The other item I'll discuss in a separate post.;)

Attachments

• IMG_1522_1_4_1.jpg
    IMG_1522_1_4_1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1523_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1523_1_1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 187
I got a propane heater so I can work on my Limo in the garage and not freeze to death! Can't wait to get it hooked up so I can start tearing things apart in order to get the thing ready for Hudson in July!!

I got a couple noteworthy items that are directly or indirectly related to my pro car addiction. One of my elected officials actually got me a large ambulance 20s vintage Ford. Originally it was a decanter for Jim Beam but the bourbon was gone :alc: But it is a neat car just the same. I also got a new air compressor!

I knew it before you did. :657::yum:

OK Ron you had to know this was coming!
:needpics:

So were are the pictures of the car?
(we don't need an pix of the compressor)

I got peace and tranquility...wife and 7 kids went to visit my in-laws for Christmas and I stayed home to watch the dogs...and I was on call at the FH. I watched the director's cut of Das Boot and ate chili dogs and potato chips for Christmas dinner...it just doesn't get any better than that.

Back