Speciality plates for your pro car.

I got the 79 lincoln insured with Hagerty today and order license plate for it which will say "GOIN HM". Had several choices before that but all were taken already. Thinking of putting dual exhaust on it being it needs some exhaust work anyway. Wonder if Dwayne would loan me a set of wheels for it?

I got the 79 lincoln insured with Hagerty today and order license plate for it which will say "GOIN HM". ?

Nice plate Danny boy. I have Terri's plate when she was in mortuary school which reads, "BURY U" with the Cincinati College of Mortuary Science logo on it. My other plates read;

"ONE WAY" on my old 72 S&S 3-Way.
"LIFELNR" On the 73 Lifeliner
"MACINAW" On the 92 Buick
"MACINAC" On the Harley

I have had the following 2 plates on my Lincoln: RU-NEXT (which got stolen) and LASTRYD. I now have a specialty plate that benefits the Washington State Law Enforcement Memorial which is LEM 6661

I just ordered new plates, pending approval. I had a brainstorm last week. It may appeal more to the younger crowd due to it being a song title, but I don't believe I've seen it on a pro car yet. Not going to give it away just yet...

I got the 79 lincoln insured with Hagerty today and order license plate for it which will say "GOIN HM". Had several choices before that but all were taken already. Thinking of putting dual exhaust on it being it needs some exhaust work anyway. Wonder if Dwayne would loan me a set of wheels for it?

LOL very funny Danny! Don't have ANY wheels to offer right now... the ambulance is rollin' on the borrowed Torque-Thrusts off of the S&S Victoria for now. Bought a set of wheels for the ambo at Columbus Goodguys show & they'll be in next week. If I had a set of wheels that would fit you could borrow them!

Check your PM box, i've offered you a free set of turbo mufflers. Have some fun with this one Danny... nice mellow dual exhaust & a set of wheels & tires would look great. By the way I have a source for polished aluminum Torque-Thrust wheels for $625 per set of 4 and are rated at 1650lbs each, and the set just bought for the ambo are the new Cragar 500G & rated at 1900lbs each for $700 delivered. Both styles inculde 20 lugnuts & 4 valve stems.

Keep us posted on your mild-modded Lincoln... errr... "Hot Rod Lincoln"

My hearse is named Abbie. I told my uncle and he said, you named Her after "Young Frankenstein", Abby Normal. I said no, but they will make a great tag. So Her plate is ABNORML. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_pKqiB5Rg&feature=related[/ame]

The only personalized plate I have is on my '65 Superior combination, which I've had since 1990: SSC 65. Josh, I love the whole "Abby Normal?" brain thing from Young Frankenstein! I'm sure most non pro car folks think of us as abbynormal, but WE don't care, do we? :)

Didn't go with personalized plates on the ambulance, but DID score a set of 1966 Ohio plates at a swap meet last weekend. In Ohio if you have historical plates on your car you're allowed to run "year specific" plates if you can find a set.

For you Ohio guys who want to do this:
Buy a SET of plates (not just one) specific to the year of your car, take those plates with you to the DMV, they will make a photocopy of them for their records, then issue you a 2nd registration. You MUST keep at least 1 of you "historical vehicle" tags IN the car, but are allowed to then run the year-specific tags (Ohio used to issue new tags every year with that year's date stamped @ the bottom)

There were TWO added bonuses to this... Ohio 1966 plates are RED with WHITE letters (neat for a red & white ambo!) and you may be lucky enough to encounter Jim Tighe at the DMV like I did... :yum:

Didn't go with personalized plates on the ambulance, but DID score a set of 1966 Ohio plates at a swap meet last weekend. In Ohio if you have historical plates on your car you're allowed to run "year specific" plates if you can find a set.

For you Ohio guys who want to do this:
Buy a SET of plates (not just one) specific to the year of your car, take those plates with you to the DMV, they will make a photocopy of them for their records, then issue you a 2nd registration. You MUST keep at least 1 of you "historical vehicle" tags IN the car, but are allowed to then run the year-specific tags (Ohio used to issue new tags every year with that year's date stamped @ the bottom)

There were TWO added bonuses to this... Ohio 1966 plates are RED with WHITE letters (neat for a red & white ambo!) and you may be lucky enough to encounter Jim Tighe at the DMV like I did... :yum:

I don't know about the laws about running "year specific" plates in SC. After my great aunt died we were cleaning out her house and I found a set of 1973 plates still in the paper. The best part they are blue with black letters (blue hearse with black top).

Last edited:
My ambulance tag (twice)

I now have my MM registered with a Florida Firefighter tag. It reads TEN 71 which is the police code for "send an ambulance."
How original.

Specialty Plates

Depending on the year of your vehicle... Here in Washington, it's hard to pass up a Collector's Plate if your vehicle is at least 30 years old and not your daily driver. It is fun to see how creative people can get when they're restricted to characters, though. I'd want to do something like IMTOAST. :)

I now have my MM registered with a Florida Firefighter tag. It reads TEN 71 which is the police code for "send an ambulance."
How original.
Hey, Kevin, did you get that idea from me? My Travelall ambulance has "TEN 52", which was "ambulance" in the old Maryland State Police ten-codes.

Each state had different codes.

I just ordered new plates, pending approval. I had a brainstorm last week. It may appeal more to the younger crowd due to it being a song title, but I don't believe I've seen it on a pro car yet. Not going to give it away just yet...

ill1.jpg

Shout out to Reverend Run, D.M.C, and Jam Master Jay (R.I.P)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Be_Illin%27

Back