Florida Chapter-Emergency Vehicle Car Show

This my PCS friends will be a hard one to express. The day could not have been better. Members from as far away as Indiana and Georgia arrived to enjoy the sun, fun, cigars (should tell you something), music, and B-B-Q. Mel Tillis country music hall of fame star was there too. Some folks get all giddy when around a celebrity which you will see. I do believe "The Monkees" were in our presense too, at least their car was. Every type and year of cop car was there, hot rods, fire trucks, and most importantly..... Pro-Cars!!

Bill Wright with his 64 Buick, Richard with the Criterion, Danny Ryder with a Cadillac 6-door, Larry Wilson in his Cadillac Presidential 6-door, Sam Gill with his 1924 Hudson fire truck, and Gene Williams with his 56 Cadillac ambulance. Not only that but our members were not only trophy winners but, MULTIPLE trophy winners. After the awards ceremony we got to run Code-3 for about 10 miles (should be a new record) to the car show B-B-Q. Prior to the Code-3run the Captain said lights were ok but try not to use the siren too much. I don't think there was one siren that was ever turned off for we had our hand on it all the way baby! Once arriving at the B-B-Q which was held at the Marion County Sheriff's Work Farm and pretty sure Larry and the two Steve's were right at home. The guys in the stripes were in fact actual prisoners. No wonder they didn't want their picture taken.
If one died today you could not have ask for a better last day. Thanks for the magnificent turnout.

Link to see it all.
http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad306/PCS_photos/Emergency Vehicle Show/

Bill Wright aka Ga-Father takes a Top 20
EmergencyVehicleShow025.jpg

Larry Wilson takes a Top 20 and the Long Distance Award
EmergencyVehicleShow027.jpg

Gene and Vonda Williams take "Best of Emergency Show" award!!
EmergencyVehicleShow028.jpg

Sam & Pam Gill takes a Top 20 with their 1924 Hudson Firetruck
EmergencyVehicleShow029.jpg

Pictures.

My favorite picture of the day.
EmergencyVehicleShow012.jpg

Nice group shot
EmergencyVehicleShow023.jpg

Wow Mel Tillis, take my picture take my picture take my picture
EmergencyVehicleShow024.jpg

The boys are right at home!
EmergencyVehicleShow035.jpg

Been waiting all morning for the pictures there Richard. Looks great and the prison inmate detail looked like they were ready for a meal. Should have got a shot of the toilets with the half doors. Hehehehe!

Looked like a great time, I keep telling my self the show season is right around the corner here in Wi. They are talking we may hit 70 on thursday:cheers:

Richard , really great pic's look's like there was a huge turn out, on a off procar topic .the monkee's car in the one shot if it had michigan plate's on it and it's owned by a guy named mel, its the one from barrett- jackson there are 3 of these car's , that car is kept near my cousin's house.

Last edited:
its just my observation. . . .on the pic with the tractor. . .that guy on the far right with the blue shirt and jeans looks like he is :657: no stranger to a Sheriff Work Farm

Few more shots. Cary, the 66 belonged to local funeral home in Ocala I believe Richard said. Not PCS member but Richard knew him.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 119
Nice pics Danny and I have to say, "Terri and I really loved having you and Cynthia today". Look forward to the next time we visit.

Back