Red Linoleum Piece.....WTB

James Fischer

PCS Member
I am going to have to replace a section of the patient area floor by the rear entry....so I
Looking for a small piece of the red linolium aprx 12"x45" to replace the damaged section in the 70 Superior.......
If anyone has a lead on any "scrap" pieces please advise me.....

Any suggestions if none can be found ??

Attachments

• 2012 Christmas+70 Superior 097.jpg
    2012 Christmas+70 Superior 097.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 2012 Christmas+70 Superior 098.jpg
    2012 Christmas+70 Superior 098.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 201
Linoleum shouldn't be stored leaning, but firmly centered on one end, and you should remove the tape, and tie it with a piece of cloth. It is also very brittle when cold, so storing it inside the home is a lot better for it than in the outside garage.

I could use a roll like that as well for the 72 Pontiac. That is an exact match for mine too.

Guess I better start trying the Salvation Army Store as well.

Linoleum shouldn't be stored leaning, but firmly centered on one end, and you should remove the tape, and tie it with a piece of cloth. It is also very brittle when cold, so storing it inside the home is a lot better for it than in the outside garage.

Why should it not be stored leaning? Just curious if I ever come across some.

lino by mail?

send me the dimensions you gentlemen need and some mailing addresses and I'll see what it would cost to mail or ship it to you. Could roll it and insert into a cardboard tube...its not doing much down in my basement and has been stored indoors..

Better yet, watch your local Habitat For Humanity Thrift Store. Amazing what you can find at those places if you stop in frequently!

I could use a roll like that as well for the 72 Pontiac. That is an exact match for mine too.

Guess I better start trying the Salvation Army Store as well.

Why should it not be stored leaning? Just curious if I ever come across some.
I'm no expert but I suspect it would damage one side of the material, if all the weight was put on one partial edge (corner). It would not be damaged if the weight were on the entire end of the roll, or if it were layed flat. I do know those things are heavy.

I'm no expert but I suspect it would damage one side of the material, if all the weight was put on one partial edge (corner). It would not be damaged if the weight were on the entire end of the roll, or if it were layed flat. I do know those things are heavy.

I was thinking that much, but didnt know if it would cause other damage, like stacking whitewall tires white side to black side will do, even though most tire shops anymore do not know that it is a bad idea.

Linoleum is manufactured from cork and linseed, among other products, and as such, if it is leaned against something that will stretch the surface, it will have permanent damage to it.

Back