layed out

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
gathering stuff up to take to the upholster. though you might like to see what the soft panels of a 1958 Eureka look like

Attachments

• IMG_5751a.jpg
    IMG_5751a.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 287
One can only marvel at how Pro Car Builders could do it for the price in the day. You have to consider each piece was hand done (no molded plastic) and in most cases to the buyers specs. 70% of the interior on my Crown Victorias is molded plastic just snap it in place on the assembly line. EVERYTHING on that 58 is hand fit and attach we now have good reason to know why a new Coach today is $115k. Thanks ED

In 1958, labor was cheap, and automated machinery was expensive. That is why there was so much hand work done on automobiles. Today, more and more is being done by robots, replacing the worker. Robots don't take vacation days, don't complain, and don't need bathroom or coffee breaks. Once the robot is purchased, the only expense is an occasional repair or reprogramming.

hand cut glued and screwed. and in this case it was all nailed on with about 50,000 tacks. they even nailed it to the steel doors. no bowes in the head liner. its nailed to the wood roof frame. it will be a different one to put back in.

hand cut glued and screwed. and in this case it was all nailed on with about 50,000 tacks. they even nailed it to the steel doors. no bowes in the head liner. its nailed to the wood roof frame. it will be a different one to put back in.

Those are not that hard to do, ED. Just nail up one panel at a time, and soon you are finished! Keep seams straight and evenly pull from one side to the other while nailing.

come on up I'll let you show me how:D I did get me a new air staple gun. I thought I was going to die getting the one in Brendons with a squeeze staple gun. we may cheat a little and do a lot more glueing. I just don't see how anything I have here will drive one of those screw nails into the steel. but we do have some counter sunk rivets for the ends we can use

Attachments

• IMG_4313a.jpg
    IMG_4313a.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4314a.jpg
    IMG_4314a.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 164
MIGHTY NIFTY HANDIWORK, ED! I also like that Geo Metro drop-top and old Jeep CJ in the background of your photo, though Daisy Duke might want the latter back and come a-knockin' when she sees the image.

Back