Northland Chapter Meet

Well, I guess I'm the first one on line this morning, so I'll start this.... Others please add more information.

The Northland Chapter met yesterday (3/10/11) for its spring meet in North Branch, MN. This is a nice little town about an hour north of the twin cities. We met first for lunch at The Oak Inn , then on to the Grandstrand Funeral Home for the meeting. Various chapter business was conducted along with Tony Karsnia's presentation on chasing professional cars.

There were twenty some members and one professional car in attendance. I guess none of us were anticipating the sunny 62-degree weather to allow bringing out more of the cars. Good opportunity to see old friends and make new ones.

Overall, a great day!

northland mid-winter meet

what a great time..I am never disappointed with the friendship & fun that I have when I travel to the Northland..the meet was great met alot of fun people..Matt Mahutga is a real go-getter and will surely have a great future in this chapter, more power to you Matt...Jon Wurm provided a great venue to have the meeting,and even baked a cake. (he'll make someone a great wife)..Tony's hearse hunting slide show, provided many great photos, and held everyone's attention..hats off to Northland for a great meeting..remember "Tony for President"

A great time indeed!

Thank you Mike,

I had a blast! It was a pleasure to have met everyone. Talking cars all day never gets old. I am really looking forward to future gatherings and meets.

A perfect "Winter" meet

If there is such a thing as a perfect winter car meet, this would have been it. Jon Wurm hosted the Northland Chapter's Mid-Winter Meet in North Branch, MN, beginning with lunch at the Oak Inn. This place goes on our list of places to frequent; the accomodations were excellent, the food superb, and our waitress took care of the large group perfectly.

After a great lunch, we moved a few blocks down the street to Grandstrand Funeral Home. Jon manages the place and had the chapel appropriately "decorated" for a professional car meet. After our annual business meeting, attendees watched my Powerpoint presentation, "The Art of Hearse Hunting" featuring many images from the collection of Bernie DeWinter IV. Several hours of leisurely conversation and "show & tell" car-related discussions followed over cake and beverages. We took a group photo by the sole professional car in attendance; Craig Schuster's immaculate 1988 Eureka Buick Patrician hearse.

One of the great things about this meeting was seeing several new and enthusiastic people. April Warner, Matt Mahutga, Kurt & Kristen Halverson, and Clyde Swenson fit in perfectly with the "veteran" Northlanders and witnessed first-hand how welcoming and enjoyable our meets are. This was further proven by members who attended from outstate Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois.

A big THANK YOU to Jon Wurm for hosting this event and to all who attended! If this meet was any indication of what 2012 will bring for the PCS Northland Chapter, we are off to a great start!

(Karsnia photo)

Attachments

• 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 307
A few more photos...

1. Some of the "decorations" in the Grandstrand Funeral Home chapel.

2. Jon Wurm welcomes attendees and begins the business meeting.

3. April Warner visits with Kurt and Kristen Halverson.

4. Scott Anderson and Joe Klein.

5. Scott Anderson, Matt Mahutga, Craig Schuster, and Gene Rafferty deep into "car talk."

6. A sweet treat of Cotner/Bevingtons!

(Karsnia photos)

Attachments

• 193.jpg
    193.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 209.jpg
    209.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 206.jpg
    206.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 363
  • 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 205
looks like we missed another good event. but like they say timing is everything and some times it just doesn't work out. that cake with Jon and Larrys carson it had to be the icing. 2x2 square for me. that's all I can prossess at one time.

Thank you to everyone for such a great time! Kristen and I had a blast, and we could have probably spent another few hours talking to everyone. It was so refreshing to spend time with others that really understand my passion for these great cars! Also, here is a picture of Craig's (fellow Waseca Bluejay) hearse, without all the good looking people in front of it:
Very sharp car with that great velour interior! Overall, a great day, great new friends and the best part was that everyone there spoke my language and was happy to talk about my favorite subject: professional cars and preserving EMS/Funeral history.
Kurt

Attachments

• photobucket.jpg
    photobucket.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 131
Back