got started today

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we got the 66 Superior of Jim's in a stall today. we did get a little torn apart. for anyone that wants to follow along on this repair the pictures are here. http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#albums/1966 superior
if you want to see the days efforts then hit the home button and you can check on the days pictures as they are put up. superiors are put together a lot different then the MM or CBs. the S&S in the stall next to it is a all by it's self construction also.

yes we got the paint from Maserati. we'll be trying it out on the 73 you sent me the moldings for. do it first just to see if I can do as good as you did. Jim has not made up his mind on the paint yet. but as soon as I get the pictures posted that show the first color of the car was black I know what it will be.

Attachments

• IMG_1000 Ok one spot maybe not but to it was black.jpg
    IMG_1000 Ok one spot maybe not but to it was black.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 168
we got the 66 Superior of Jim's in a stall today. we did get a little torn apart. for anyone that wants to follow along on this repair the pictures are here. http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#albums/1966 superior
if you want to see the days efforts then hit the home button and you can check on the days pictures as they are put up. superiors are put together a lot different then the MM or CBs. the S&S in the stall next to it is a all by it's self construction also.

You are a very brave and talented man Ed and will throughly enjoy watching you transform this hearse into a work of art.:thumbsup:

Ed is correct. First I was going to go with a dark gray body and a textured black roof. Now I'm thinking of a black body with a textured black roof. I think it'll really make all of the chrome stand out. Paul, can we have a vote on this?

Jim

what is

Okay, I have seen the first couple of pictures here. I want to know what is the series 75 in the backround by the wood fence? What year? What is in the future for that one?
Mike

you must be talking about the 73 S&S combo. no 75's around here. I wish there was. but as for the fate of the combo. we are going to paint it and sell it. I got two old mobiles here and a 6 door. don't need no caddy no matter how good it runs.

Okay, I have seen the first couple of pictures here. I want to know what is the series 75 in the backround by the wood fence? What year? What is in the future for that one?
Mike

Mike it is a parts car. It had CC A/C ,Auto Dimmer , P vents as some of the accessories. I have the fog lights for sale, the division and division glass is good, windshield is good, great bumpers and sheet metal. Front group is gone . I ,am using the A/C out of it to convert my 61 S&S to A/C ,Alternator and dual master cylinder. I might also install the power vents and windows in the 61.

OK I see it now, to busy looking at the paint. all this time I thought Mike was talking about me. that's OK I'll just slink off.:D keep up informed as to how the 61 turns out

Hey Ed, I understand this was not running so....did you get it running and how did they get it up on top without it running. TKS

Richard

The car was running when it left Worcester Massachusetts, however, it didn't like leaving Worcester, so it decided that it wouldn't run once it got there. You know how they are when you take them out of familiar surroundings. The never break down near home, but always when away from home.. :D

some were over North Dakota, Minnesota or Illinois the metering rods jumped out of there sleeve. the gas in the bowl must have slopped out enough for the float to bounce letting them pop up. needless to say the car flooded out badly. we got it to run enough to go the two blocks from were we unloaded it to the house. then we discovered that one of the floats has liquid in it so we are looking for a float for a carter AFB. I know all this happened in the listed states because I have driven on 1-90 and I-94 in all of them. they got to be the roughest road in the country. so I have yet to get to drive the car. I'm hopping that we can get it ruining before I go to the other side. be tight working there. good thing I made the garage a drive threw on the one stall. we could pull it into the shop with out any fan fair or risk of damage. this one was easy. when Roberts 75 quit me in the street with the battery low we broke the tow strap dragging that beast back up the hill. all part of the fun of working on a old car. the key is to not get P O ed. just work you way threw it.:rolleyes: if you'll beleve that I got lad for sale down south.

Back