windshield wiper arms

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
I need windshield wiper arms for my 1975 Cadillac Superior 54XL. Will these be stock arms or commercial chassis arms? Anyone have an extra set to sell? Thanks. Jim

Look these over

Jim- I have two pairs of wiper arms. One is from my 75 Lifeliner and one was from my 75 Coupe DeVille parts car. The wiper blades look the same and overall they appear to be the same size. One pair has an extra arm that is unattached at one end. I'm not sure which pair was from the Lifeliner. I'm sure you'll get many follow ups to this with clarification. Note also that at the base of one pair there is a difference. If we can confirm that these will work (the ones I suspect off the parts car) you can have them for $30 plus shipping.
Let me know and good luck!!!!
Kev

Attachments

• DSC00500.jpg
    DSC00500.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00501.jpg
    DSC00501.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00502.jpg
    DSC00502.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 118
Jim- I have two pairs of wiper arms. One is from my 75 Lifeliner and one was from my 75 Coupe DeVille parts car. The wiper blades look the same and overall they appear to be the same size. One pair has an extra arm that is unattached at one end. I'm not sure which pair was from the Lifeliner. I'm sure you'll get many follow ups to this with clarification. Note also that at the base of one pair there is a difference. If we can confirm that these will work (the ones I suspect off the parts car) you can have them for $30 plus shipping.
Let me know and good luck!!!!
Kev

Hmmm, maybe this answers my question. Three arms came with the car but none of them match. Is the right arm different from the left arm?

Sometimes I wish I went into auto mechanics instead of medicine. Cars are more fun to figure out!

Yes there's a difference

Figuring the blade sits on top of the arm, they are different. I just looked at both pair and they are symmetrical. Since one is unique, I'm guessing that one replaced an original...since the other 3 have that extra piece. I'm pretty sure those pieces are counter weights.

The one with the extra arm goes on the drivers side and the one with out the extra arm goes on the passenger side. Both should be squared off on lower end as OEM pieces.

Back