1959 Lincoln flower car

We actually did, just briefly in a post from a couple months ago. What surprises me is that no one's bought it yet!

1959 Lincoln Continental Flower Car - $15000 (Lambertville)

1959 Lincoln Continental Flower Car
Only one known to exist
Stored Indoors
Needs Some Restoration

$15,000

Contact Steve @
Phone: (609) 774-1295
E-Mail: HotRodPower4U@aol.com

5Y55T35Z13n53o53l6bbq9b2d1f11d72d12a5.jpg

I missed that. I didnt have a working computer at that time. It is hard to believe no one picked this up, I know Id love to, especially since it originally served in the town right next to mine.

here is one more of them. this 78 AHA showed up show day at Albany I'm thing it and the 77 sedan lead car were for sale then

Attachments

• 1978 AHA parker bros. vatervliet NY.jpg
    1978 AHA parker bros. vatervliet NY.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 161
McPherson tells an intersting story about this car - the only AHA flower car ever built. I gather that he really wanted to offer a flower car in the product line, but AHA didn't want to have to build one so... he had the car built by McClain in Anderson, Indiana. When McClain had finished the car it was taken back to Toronto and inspected. There they found that it was assembled using great quantities of plywood and found it completely unaceptable. They disassembled the car and completely rebuilt it using steel components. The car was then displayed at the New Orleans NFDA in October, 1980. It was later sold but he doesn't remember where it went.

I have a lot of memories to share about these giant '58 - '60 Lincolns, with only a small part of same related to pro cars, as there were so few of them built from these monsters. It would take quite a bit of time at the keyboard to share all this stuff, so I do not want to plow ahead unless there is some interest. Could Paul or whomever let me know if such an endeavor is worth doing? I would never get around to putting it into a format usable in the TPC, so it would have to be on here. Please put the reply on here or call 419-462-0733 between 6 and 8 p.m., EST. Thank you. Jim

Back