no birthday? and what a present!

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
For those that do not know today

For those that do not know today is a birthday day. The United States Marine Corps is 235 years old today.
What I got for my 'birthday' today was a 1961 M-M coach, all the way from Georgia!Many thanks to Danny for all his help in making this happen. From hauling my broken coach to his house and then to making the calls to get it sent home.
The 61 is in the barn now. It is still doing the Harley inpersonation...marking its spot. I still think it is the front seal in the trans. We will know more in about a week when we get it apart. It may not go far 'til spring but it will be fixed soon.
Thanks again to Danny.
Mike

:893USA-Smilie-thumb

:applause:

Mike, glad to hear you got the old girl home. I was hoping it would stay at Danny's long enough for me to talk him in to selling it to me. Oh well, I guess its in good enough hands for now.:071:

Josh

For those that do not know today

For those that do not know today is a birthday day. The United States Marine Corps is 235 years old today.
What I got for my 'birthday' today was a 1961 M-M coach, all the way from Georgia!Many thanks to Danny for all his help in making this happen. From hauling my broken coach to his house and then to making the calls to get it sent home.
The 61 is in the barn now. It is still doing the Harley inpersonation...marking its spot. I still think it is the front seal in the trans. We will know more in about a week when we get it apart. It may not go far 'til spring but it will be fixed soon.
Thanks again to Danny.
Mike

:893USA-Smilie-thumb

:applause:

Glad she got home ok and your welcome. Enjoyed sitting the 61 for a few days and as the pcs family goes we all help when we can.

one of those things I have learned is there are no ex marines. there are old navy guys ex army and former air force, but once a marine always a marine. so happy BD if your true to the core.
but it is nice to have old spot home. know how you feel on that. glad it worked out.

my late brother David was a Marine

My late brother David was a Marine. Sadly, he lost his fight with cancer on March, 1st, and is now interred at the National Cemetery in Knoxville, Tn.. I was able to attend the service.

David W. Harrod​

Family and friends will gather at 11:30 a.m. Friday in the Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery in Knoxville for graveside services.

David Wayne Harrod - age 52 of Oak Ridge formerly of Waynesfield, OH passed away Monday, March 1, 2010 at the home of his sister. He was a veteran of the U. S. Marine Corp.

Preceded in death by his father, James Franklin Harrod and brother, Russell Allen Harrod. Survived by his wife, Kathryn Harrod; mother, Sue Lackey of Lima, OH; sisters, Therese Mynatt of Lenoir City and Patty Coon of Wapakoneta, OH; brothers, Michael Harrod of Lewisburg, TN, Timothy Coon and wife, Pam of Wapakoneta, OH and Matthew Coon of Central City, KY; niece, Cassie Hall of Lenoir City; nephew, Cory Brown of Lenoir City; granddaughters, Shelby Lynn Cromwell of Lebanon, TN and Vanessa Sink of Knoxville.

Family and friends will gather at 11:30 a.m. Friday in the Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery in Knoxville for graveside services. Military honors will be conferred by the Loudon Co. Veterans Honor Guard.

Click Funeral Home, Lenoir City is in charge of arrangements

Last edited:
Back