Looking for cars value?

I have been trying to find out the value of what my car would be worth. I know my car does not fit common NADA value book descriptions, so I was hoping someone in the Professional Car Society could help me out. Out of curiosity, if someone could ball park what it would be worth that would be great. It’s a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Stretch limousine. Clean, mint condition only 72,000 miles on it with of course the LT1 engine under the hood.

It is a Presidential Series Limousine. Lengthened by 44” Raised roof by 6” New was $60,725. Fewer than 25 were produced. Referred to as a High Top Limousine because of the imposing 63” height of the car as well as the 22”6” length.

Similar to the Cadillac President Clinton used during his administration. With the exception that it does not have the massive armoring or bulletproof glass.

Thank You!
I would like to add a picture but don't see how

Values

Welcome! One option to determining a Professional Car's value is to check what similar cars have sold for recently. Check out some of the Dealer's such as Doug Scott and CW Coach. There are many others, of course.

Is this an 6 door or 24 hour funeral type limousine by S&S or Superior or one of the few actual non armored replicas of the presidential car?

you'll be disappointed........

Gerard, several of us have cars similar to yours. My 1996 "commercial glass" Cadillac limousine is similar to yours and only has 26K mi on it. It's probably worth half what I paid for it 6 years ago. You left out a little information....coachbuilder? Does your car have the center flip seat? What color combination is your car? Cloth or leather interior? These things might make a minor difference in what somebody is willing to pay for your car. The sad truth is that the '93-'96 body style value has plummented in the last couple of years. These are the last of the RWD cars.....great cars........I looked for my low mileage example for 2 years before I found it.........I did not want to buy a later model FWD car. BUT, it's better to be a buyer of these cars now than a seller. Sight unseen, I'd guess your car is worth $5000 on a good day. Make that a very good day. Ebay and Cherokee Auto Group in Canton, GA are both good places to see what these cars are selling for. It will make you sick to see how cheap they sell for...........

Gerard, several of us have cars similar to yours. My 1996 "commercial glass" Cadillac limousine is similar to yours and only has 26K mi on it. It's probably worth half what I paid for it 6 years ago. You left out a little information....coachbuilder? Does your car have the center flip seat? What color combination is your car? Cloth or leather interior? These things might make a minor difference in what somebody is willing to pay for your car. The sad truth is that the '93-'96 body style value has plummented in the last couple of years. These are the last of the RWD cars.....great cars........I looked for my low mileage example for 2 years before I found it.........I did not want to buy a later model FWD car. BUT, it's better to be a buyer of these cars now than a seller. Sight unseen, I'd guess your car is worth $5000 on a good day. Make that a very good day. Ebay and Cherokee Auto Group in Canton, GA are both good places to see what these cars are selling for. It will make you sick to see how cheap they sell for...........

Larry is correct, we need more info for better guess but so far larry is right on with the 5k guess. Last year or so the bottom has fallen our of these cars. We did just sell a regular six door S&S with 29k for $4400 or so on ebay going to a funeral home in AR. If you are at right place you can buy them for $1000 from bigger dealers who don't want the older body style anymore.

I do have to wonder, though...

if these RWD Fleetwoods will become the next "collector cars", especially the commercial glass variety limousines and hearses. It might take a number of years before they begin appreciating again, but as supply gets more scarce and demand rises down the road, I'll bet it's worth saving a good one now.

Larry and Matt saw my presentation on Saturday in Flint, which included a 1964 Eureka 3-way with a hand-lettered cardboard sign in the windshield with an asking price of $995 (ca. 1978.) Back then, it was just an old hearse with little value; today it is a treasure.

:my2cents: from across the border in Minnesota. BTW, we are hosting a Northland Chapter meeting in North Branch, MN on Saturday, March 10. It would be a bit of a ride for you, Gerard, but please feel welcome to join us!

Its not uncommon in the professional car collector relm for the value to bottom out on these cars when they hit the 20 to 25 year old mark and then its just an old hearse, limosuine, ambulance or combination thats sitting there in the way and they just are not disirable to many. It happens to most all of them at some point as Tony has pointed out. But once they hit the 30 plus year old mark the values seem to start to climb on them again. When I bought my 77 M-M Landau Traditional Hearse back in 2003 from a local hearse dealership it was a 25 year old car and it was in that stage and it was a very nice coach in really good condition and well cared for. I got it cheap at $1,200.00 and today a downsized 1977-1979 Cadillac coach in original good condition can fetch anywhere from $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 of course depending on condition, mileage etc as they have more disirable following now. I've heard stories from back in the day at Dixie Coach in Lebanon that in the late 1960's and early 1970's that you could even get a very nice 1959 Superior, S&S or M-M coach for under $400.00.

I'm the cheap skate of the group. but I would love to have one of the earlier body styles of 6 doors the big broughams. 5 as stated would be a top figure and yours with the presidential roof in decent condition would be a sought after car. the low roof cars are running 1200 to 5000 depending. if you keep a watch on e-bay some are no selling on the low end.
My 86 H&E 6 door on the downsized FWD chassis has no value. but we keep it anyway as we like it.

Its not uncommon in the professional car collector relm for the value to bottom out on these cars when they hit the 20 to 25 year old mark and then its just an old hearse, limosuine, ambulance or combination thats sitting there in the way and they just are not disirable to many. It happens to most all of them at some point as Tony has pointed out. But once they hit the 30 plus year old mark the values seem to start to climb on them again. When I bought my 77 M-M Landau Traditional Hearse back in 2003 from a local hearse dealership it was a 25 year old car and it was in that stage and it was a very nice coach in really good condition and well cared for. I got it cheap at $1,200.00 and today a downsized 1977-1979 Cadillac coach in original good condition can fetch anywhere from $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 of course depending on condition, mileage etc as they have more disirable following now. I've heard stories from back in the day at Dixie Coach in Lebanon that in the late 1960's and early 1970's that you could even get a very nice 1959 Superior, S&S or M-M coach for under $400.00.

Very true. If you look at TPC issues from the late 70s early 80s there are carved panel coaches for $600-$2,000. Now try to find one!!

Superior Coachbuilder, Flip seat yes, Limo Sable black, Black leather int. It went up in flames saturday night guessing electrical short in the dash. Where these cars ever in a recall, or have been known to have this problem? Anyone out there need parts LT1 engine and trunk survived the fire untouched. Only passenger cabin distroyed. The insurance company is going to tow it away on Monday 3/5/12

I would of loved to have come to the show with my car miles not a problem. But as I posted eariler it went up in flames this past Saturday. All I have left is the shell of the passenger cabin, an LT1 engine, 4 tires with rims won't make there but thanks. I washed and waxed this car by hand it was my pride and joy now is just a very sad time.

Superior Coachbuilder, Flip seat yes, Limo Sable black, Black leather int. It went up in flames saturday night guessing electrical short in the dash. Where these cars ever in a recall, or have been known to have this problem? Anyone out there need parts LT1 engine and trunk survived the fire untouched. Only passenger cabin distroyed. The insurance company is going to tow it away on Monday 3/5/12

This is the same car that was clean and in mint condition yesterday..... three days after the fire? I would think that would have an affect on the value as well as the responses to your question. Are you asking for insurance purposes?

The car ment a lot to me I never though it would end this way. Is it wrong for me to wish it never happen? Is it wrong for me to wonder what the value was truely worth in todays market. I had recently learned about your socity and thought about joining looking forward to show / ralleys / socializing events. Was not a fishing trip but a request for information from people who share the same interest and passion.

Maybe coming on here in a very straightforward fashion, explaining what had happened, and the reason for your requested information would have been a much better approach. You will have to go a long, long way to find a more honest, caring, and giving bunch of folks than those who habit these forums. Treat them with respect and honesty and you will get the same in return.

All of that being said, I am sorry for your loss. If I offended you in any way, it was not meant in a vicious fashion, more just to get your attention.

Back