Propello Rays

Not necessarily. I have a fire department vehicle sitting out in my yard now. It's not my vehicle, I'm just storing it, so it sits outside. It was red, I know it was red because I drove it when it was in service (red) and when I got it, it was still red. And the parts that face the sun are indeed now more orange than red. Not pink. The sun does amazing damage to red paint.

I'd say that, based on that and on Steve Loftin's photo of it in service (linked above), parked next to an orange ambulance, the Memphian was red at that time.

Meanwhile, to the original question, I have some Propello-rays that I'm not using. Send me a PM.

I agree. I had a red 51 Barnette Pontiac that was red that faded into a orange color. I have a rear quarter shot of this Memphis Mercury that I found on the internet in 2008 (possibly when it was for sale) and saved to my computer and it was red in that image.
Not that it really makes much difference, but I also vote it would look best in its original blue. It would really make this stand out.

I'm pretty sure I'll go with blue anyway. The lines of the car were made to be 2 tone, and the interior is blue. Right now I just want to get it drivable and complete.

Back