1996 Superior Buick Roadmaster parts needed

If you read the previous posts you should have seen that it DID say 1996 Superior Buick more than once, as a matter of fact this thread is- Thread: 1996 Superior Buick Roadmaster parts needed.

Like I said this is my comment FROM the FB page you had that DID NOT mention coachbuilder, which is where I first saw the discussion that I copied and pasted here. That's why I said you saw it, it was mainly for others (with the exception of the added thing about the license plate frame)

Seth Barkman has been looking for a drivers side door for his 1994 S&S Commercial glass Buick for a few months now. A standard door did not fit. A trip to CW Coach Sales to take a door off of a Superior Buick also didn't work out. A standard Roadmaster wagon door was 47 inches, the hearse door was 51 inches ( I think? ). The Superior door measured 51 inches but did not fit the S&S car. As for the plate holder, the answer is just to remove it. I've seen serveral without it and it looks fine.

the stamp in the corner pertain to manufacture of the glass, date of manufacture and compliance with dod regs. it has nothing to do with the size or shape of the glass. the car could have 6 different glass manufacture windows in it.

these are a miss match mess created by acubuild. they run the glass for 2 or three years and the demand is not enough for a rerun. if I were in your shoes I would pull both door glasses match them up if they are not the same. toss the wrong one get a piece of lexan cut it to fit the right one, holes and all transfer your guides and hardware over to it and put it in.

it's the only way you will find one. you got to make one. bite the bullet and do it. it won't take you long to figure out the curve you will need. all the pointing out differences only shows how little your chances of finding the right one used is. there is at least 3 different door glasses to fit the 3 different windshields. your not the only one looking for one. learn how to make them and start selling.

PLEASE measure across the top of the windshield as asked earlier. I have a 96 Eureka "Bucillac" here and much measuring done the last time we went round on this. The windshield was stock GM as were door glass. This Coach was built from a sedan not a wagon as it has sedan front sheet metal.The difference in door height would be made by the outward bend to accept the wider across the top commercial glass windshield. If the door height has been modified from stock by adding metal this will be apparent with welds and added metal. Take a look at a Masterpiece front door some of the work looks like it was done in the welding class at the tech school first semester. I currently own a Masterpiece and two commercial glass six doors so lots of Accubuilt craftsmanship to be seen here.

PLEASE measure across the top of the windshield as asked earlier. I have a 96 Eureka "Bucillac" here and much measuring done the last time we went round on this. The windshield was stock GM as were door glass. This Coach was built from a sedan not a wagon as it has sedan front sheet metal.The difference in door height would be made by the outward bend to accept the wider across the top commercial glass windshield. If the door height has been modified from stock by adding metal this will be apparent with welds and added metal. Take a look at a Masterpiece front door some of the work looks like it was done in the welding class at the tech school first semester. I currently own a Masterpiece and two commercial glass six doors so lots of Accubuilt craftsmanship to be seen here.

Yes, the Eureka used standard glass, but as stated before the S&S and Superior Buicks did not, they used commercial glass. And NOT the same commercial glass windshields or side glass style that was used on the S&S Masterpiece, Victoria, Park Lanes, Victoria Limousines, Superior Monarch or the Superior Sovereign limousines, so bringing up the Masterpiece and CG limos is pointless, because they do not use the same CG windshield or style of side glass. Even the brochures for these state such. The Superior Buick says "large commercial glass windows". Right beside it shows the Superior Chevy Chancellor (which has standard GM windshield and front door glass), and you can clearly see both the difference in windshields and front door glass curve.
The Superior Cadillac Sovereign (which uses the same commercial glass windshield as the S&S and Superior Buicks) even says "True commercial glass funeral coach with traditional oversize windshield. Its custom designed doors AND PILLARS FEATURING LARGER ,MORE VERTICAL WINDOWS". so most likely has the same side glass as the Superior/S&S Buick used, since they used the same style CG windshield. The image Dan posted even shows the two styles of commercial glass windshields and side glass.
Not sure why everyone is making it harder than it is. Source one from another S&S/Superior Buick, easy, problem solved.

Rick Davis,
If you still have access to the stock Roadmaster, make a template in paper or cardboard for the whole window opening (basically making a cardboard window), then put it against the hearse glass, that will be an easy test to show if its the same or different.

I finally located the correct glass (from a Buillac.) As I mentioned before, while the glass resembles a stock Roadmaster window (overall shape.) The curvature is different. The metal channel is also not the same as a stock Roadmaster. (The glass shop that jerry-rigged a stock window to work with assistance replaced the hearse parts with stock parts and thankfully saved them.)

I finally located the correct glass (from a Buillac.) As I mentioned before, while the glass resembles a stock Roadmaster window (overall shape.) The curvature is different. The metal channel is also not the same as a stock Roadmaster. (The glass shop that jerry-rigged a stock window to work with assistance replaced the hearse parts with stock parts and thankfully saved them.)

A "Buillac" has standard glass, so not sure how it will help anymore than what you have now. Its the S&S Buick Victoria or Superior Buick Sovereign that has the CG.

Back