New Find

Boss was looking through Craigs list few days ago and spotted a 71 caddy series 75 limo for sale and price sounded fair and best it was only 5 miles away. The guy had bought a collection of cars from a collector about 20 miles away and this was one of them he didn't want. I called him up and decided to go over and just in case took the car hauler and before I could stop myself loaded it on the truck and brought it back. Stored inside and in decent shape with 53k and runs and drives. Paint is decent, interior very good, vinyl top ok, belted tires rotted, etc. Found bill of sale where collector bought from Crain's in Marietta, Ga. in 1987 with 45k and came from a funeral home in NC before that. Ain't it fun to find these neat old cars!

There is a 71 Fleetwood Series 75 advertised near me that I would seriously consider if I can sell my 89 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Congratz on yer find. I have always liked the '71-'76 Series 75 cars, with their unique half hardtop/half sedan motif. In the early '90's I found my '72 Formal limo with the blind quarters in a barn somewhere north of Dayton. She was covered with bird droppings and sported a pair of "coach lamps" that had come from the bathroom supply dept. at K-Mart. She cleaned up well, the lamps came off, with the holes covered by Cad wreath/crest medallions, and Earl Scheib gave her a nice dark blue paint job. She took a 2nd at Marietta, so that was good. I also had a '76 9-pass sedan, which was more comfortable to drive, as the limo driver's space is quite cramped. Would sorta like to have another sedan someday, which would be my final car purchase, but imagine the prices may have gotten too high by now. The best of good fortune with your "new" '71. Look into the self-leveling air bag set-up right away.

Good lord, have you still not got it off the truck yet? Do you need some help? Whats taking you so long? Hurry up.:wwpics::needpics:

Josh

Back