WTB Alternator....Age old question.....

James Fischer

PCS Member
Well here it is again......Does anyone have a alternator or leads on one for the 70 rescuer ??

I know Richard had some trouble earlier this summer finding one.....but just thought I would throw it out there again......

And I cant get the one I have rebuilt.....because....there is not one there to rebuild.....

I have called about 6 differant Cadillac recyclers here in Calif...but no one seems to have one.....

As always.......Any thoughts would be appreciated....

Jim

A photo of the one on my beloved former "Miamitown" 1966 Superior ambulance for your reference James:

IMG_0669.jpg

I purchased one off eBay but it will need to be rebuilt and would be happy to send it to you.

Do you have all the brackets?

Richard THANK YOU for your generous offer....I will keep that filed under "Parts I might need if I cant find any others"......:thankyou2:

I am going to call a shop in LA that Kevin OConnel recommends.....he said they should be able to help.....I will keep you posted !!

And YES I do have the brackets in place.....thank you for asking !!

Dont party too much this week end !!:3some:

Jim

Here is the one I have. It spins but no charging.

Attachments

• IMG_0992[1].jpg
    IMG_0992[1].jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8898[1].jpg
    IMG_8898[1].jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 113
Not sure how many amps you need, but i have a working 120 amp alternator from my old 73.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the offer...very kind of you !! :thumb:

According to Kevin Oconnel from BM Sirens...the correct size is a 130 amp....
I will be conatcting his source this week to see what they might have available.....again a big THANK YOU,SIR !!

Jim

You can also check with Carl or Dale at C-W Coach in Cincinnatti. I would be surprised if they didn't have one.

My dad has one out of an old school bus sitting on his shelf that he'd sell. Came off a late 50s or early 60s GM engine. Spins really nice. Supposedly the engine that he bought was in an operable bus. So I assume it would work fine. I'm thinking it's the same thing. I have pix of it if you want me to email them. Feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks!

Back