'61, '62, '63 plus who knows?

Well, it has been a little over 3 weeks since Mr. Bethlenfalvy went into the junkyard mentioned above. We have not heard from him since. Should we organize a search party? What state should we start in?

15 days Jeff since visiting for the first time (although the thread is older) but who is counting anyway.

Scored a *sweet* garage hanging piece too. When walking past literally hundreds of '40-'60s school buses, monotony sets in. Quickly IDing a Superior means looking for this horizontal body stamping where 95% have a window:

5676150436_33d743c3fe_b.jpg

Heart begins to slightly quicken as this one has a visible seat... Rounded the rear to see full rows! Rather disappointingly, there were no little plastic Superior badges on each seat as I've been told. This was a '60, so perhaps Superior implemented a cost cut measure by then. All was not lost however. Look closely at that galvanized seat back. Only one in the entire bus like it.

5675589021_3264040723_b.jpg

After sitting in that seat soaking in the ambiance then convincing five rusted screws to commit suicide, a deep sigh accompanied holding the panel up high like Mufasa did Simba. For now the embossed piece is a wall decoration. My mind is aflutter though formulating space relations and mixing in a metal bending brake to turn it into an even cooler 3D multimedia piece of vintage art.

Now I want to find more.

Don't forget to get a pile of the oval red S&M Lamp Co. warning lights from the Superiors! Superior, National, and other builders used them for some of their ambulance tunnel lights in the mid- to late-1950s.

Back