Mid-Late 60's Superior tunnel lights

I am looking for a set of Mid-Late 60s Superior tunnel lights. I am in the process of restoring one of my coaches and would very much like to replace the set that was removed from the car when it was retired.

Many Thanks,

Matt

Matt - It would help to know the year and model of ambulance you're talking about. Is it a Cadillac or a Pontiac? What headroom and, most importantly, what year?

Well......

Hi Keith, This is what makes it somewhat difficult. The car I am putting them on is a 1964 Cadillac MM combo.......I know it sounds odd and maybe wrong to a lot of folks, but the Lewisville, MN Ambulance Service that last used the car had a set on it and I am restoring the car to look like it last did while in service. Being the holes are already there, I figuered if I could find a set, why not. The car was actually pictured on a web site based out of Canada dedicated to vintage ambulances when it was retired circa 1987. It was traded in to the Ringdahl Ambulance in Fergus Falls, MN and was pictured there in their lot. Its really neat to see a picture of my car from so long ago and the caption underneath says "Lewisville MN 1964 MM combo with superior lights". I can even buy a picture of my own car from them for five dollars.

Either way, they are the bullet style lense (large front, small rear) that stand up off the roof with a two bolt patterned contoured piece under the tunnel to fit the roof line. I believe the tunnel is made of fiberglass.

Those Superior bullet lights do turn up on eBay from time to time Matthew. Might be a person or two around here holding 1 of 3 different length lenses Superior used around then but those bullets will not prove easy to find. Good luck!

I know.

I do know where one is, but not two. I need to make sure they are a match, thus my hesitation on puchasing them one at a time.

Got em!

Well, it took a couple weeks, but I now have my set of lights! I am very happy to have them. Large bullets facing forward, small bullets facing the rear of the car. The bolt holes in the roof line up perfectly with the bases. The combo will go back to being an ambulance once again. :thankyou2:

Back