Sad Pro-Cars

picture.php

Found online. Don't know who took the picture. Don't care.

Don't think I've ever seen a Ford flower car from this vintage. Appears '62 Galaxie based. Did Siebert build flower cars..?

3066702513_a58aa7dce8_b.jpg

This coach has been scrapped. Location was Witby, Ontario.

Forgot about these pictures. Snapped these about 2 summers ago as it was drug into a local scrap yard. I think its a 56(?) Meteor.

1305651326-1.jpg

1305650330-1.jpg

1308762208-1.jpg

Looks like a 1955 to me, based on the hight and shape of the taillight fin. I have never seen bumper extensions on the rear like these, where the exhaust exits. Could it have been a custom modification by the builder? Shame that the corner and rear door glass weren't saved.

I managed to save a couple things. The owner of the yard is EXTREMELY hard to deal with. I wanted the glass and he gave me some story how he thought he was gonna cut it off at the front clip and make some kind of trike motorcycle job bull crap i dunno.

I asked him about taking the glass several times then he crushed it. I have pictures of this car from probly 5 years ago. It was in a lean to. Owner is a local FD and wouldn't sell then i see it at the scrap yard and he says oh it was in such bad shape i didn't think you'd want it.

The front end wasn't like that. In order to get it out of the lean to, the reached through the roof to the dash with a back hoe to pull it out. Heart breaking.

Looks like a 1955 to me, based on the hight and shape of the taillight fin. I have never seen bumper extensions on the rear like these, where the exhaust exits. Could it have been a custom modification by the builder? Shame that the corner and rear door glass weren't saved.

Looks fairly standard to me.. My 55 Cad has the same bumper ends. The exhaust exits the same way. These look a bit flat at the bottom of the exhaust opening.. Might have just bottomed out and flattened when they loaded or unloaded it.

1982 Buick S&S in the weeds

Followed up on a tip from a friend about "an old hearse". Motor runs, no gas tank, brake lines bad, etc. Used as a halloween prop.

Attachments

• buick1.jpg
    buick1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • buick2.jpg
    buick2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 992
Some time ago, this '66 McClain was brought up in another thread. It has sat along the highway in Creston, Iowa for decades. I would have first noticed it in around 1990 and it hasn't moved since then. I have no love for these McClains, but I assume someone must.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 867
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 884
If that McClain wasn't 11 hours away I would be all over it. If its as bad as previously stated with a parts car it could be made into a cool parts getter and the stainless could be sold to someone who needs it for a one worth restoring.

Thanks for posting a recent picture of the McClain, Kurt. I had posted the pictures I took of it several years ago on the other thread. The only difference I see is the added Cadillac hubcaps and current Iowa tags (before it had Iowa truck plates from 1976). I noticed the yellow Chevy off in the distance has tags that are one number difference; so he may have had to update the vehicles tags on his lot or face a fine or something. Thanks again for the updated picture.

The state of Iowa must have gotten on him around 2006 as he bought tags that year and never again since then(or at least he didn't put the new tags on the car). I am sure that he has had opportunities to sell it over the years, but he must be very attached to the car.

Sat on an eastern NE property. Property owner died, brother started crushing, family stopped that and had an auction for what remained. There were several coaches allegedly. Anyone recall either of these hitting the market in last few years??? I don't. :(

Dscn9053.jpg

Dscn9200.jpg

Attila,
These were near Tekamah, NE, correct? There were numerous coaches, fire trucks, freaky early commuter busses, etc. This guy had bought anything and everything on government surplus-type auctions over the years. I have not noticed any of these surfacing since the big auction(which I did not go to).

Couldn't remember city Kurt but that was the place for sure. How long ago was auction? And what could you have possibly had going on more important than attending it..? :D

Hope the procars weren't crushed.

After a wee bit more investigative work, that Robert Sklenar auction was held June 29, 2006 in Tekamah, Nebraska. I called the auction house that handled the sale. They do not have inventory/price records available that far back.

Presenting a third '60 Superior Pontiac military rig on property.

935676_10151567186378221_1000498958_n.jpg

947336_10151567186373221_1856885223_n.jpg

Where did these units disappear to..?

Back