July 12-16, 2011 - PCS International Meet - Akron, Ohio

July 12-16 is just around the corner!

Two words: DUNK TANK! Just another reason why this will be the best PCS international meet ever. Who wouldn't want a chance to dunk Rick Duffy, Richard Vyse, Larry Wilson, Jeremy Ledford or me on show day?

Online meet registration will be available soon and you can book your hotel rooms by calling the Clarion Hotel now. Only $69 plus tax a night. Call the hotel directly at (330) 653-9191 and mention the PCS for the deal.

See you all in July!!! :)

Nobody Should Be Bored

If there is one thing we have going is a carnival like environment in the parking lot. I don't think anyone will be bored.

Hope you have good insurance!

I usually get an ear infection after being in one of those things!

:smiley_w_ballbat:

Don't worry Rick !

They will have you riding the unicycle in the carnival so your ear infection won't happen.

The little bike with two wheels will also be available if one wheel isn't enough !

Can't wait !
Darren

Please, FULLY CLOTHED would be best for us all !!!

Its hard to hit the target with your eyes closed !

Guys in thongs is just wrong.

Darren

Ooooooooohhhhh!!! Can I design a new thong for the dunk tank participants?:4_11_9:
It's funny you mention that - we've already been talking on facebook about having you design a special uniform for the dunkees. It's good to have you back in the group. We've missed you. :)

Thank you very much Sarah. I'll have to bite the bullet and go on Facebook one of these days.

I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate earplugs for Rick...:yum:

Wait, there's more!!!!!

As if dunk tanks, go kart races, drive-in movies etc weren't enough, there's more exciting stuff about the 2011 International Meet that I wanted you to know about...

-On show day, we will have vehicle caricature artists available to draw caricatures of our cars. Who wouldn't want to take home a frame-worthy custom drawing of their procar? :)

-On Wednesday night, we will have two seminars. Jack and Tom Pinner will present the History of Pinner Coach and afterwards, Bob Smith of Smith Ambulance will present The History of Ambulance Service.

-Saturday night at the banquet, we will have two speakers. Bob Mazzarella, Owner and President of American Coach Sales and Livery Service will speak about the past and present of professional cars. Afterward, the head of Cadillac's Professional Car Division will speak about the future of professional car manufacturing.

-Trying to figure out a way that you can consider the meet a business expense? Having trouble convincing your boss that you need the time off to attend this great event? No problem! EMTs can get CEUs for attending the Bob Smith seminar on Wednesday night and funeral directors can earn CEUs from the Pinner Coach seminar on Wednesday and the speakers at the banquet. We're more than just a professional car meet; we're a professional conference. ;)

In case you didn't see the post, online registration is now available. You can reserve your tickets online and then pay by credit card, PayPal or mailing a check.

See you in July!!!!!

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to make sure that everyone sees it, so I'm posting it here too...

For all the railfans coming to Hudson, remember that we'll be going on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway on Thursday. On the railway's website, they list their roster of equipment, so check out what you'll be riding on that day here: http://www.cvsr.com/roster.aspx You can learn about the points on interest that we'll pass here: http://www.cvsr.com/poi.aspx

Also, if you want to see even more trains, the hotel is just a short 30 minute drive from Berea, a city near Cleveland that is known for its trainspotting. The Norfolk Southern and CSX lines run next to each other here. On an average day 140-160 trains go through Berea, including four Amtrak passenger trains. There's areas where you can watch them near the old Berea train depot.

Calling all cars - big and small!

At the meet this July, we will be having a model professional car display in the registration room. We will even be awarding peoples' choice trophies for the attendees' favorite model professional cars. So when you're packing up your full size procar for the trip to Ohio, remember to pack your miniature procars too!

Also, remember to book your rooms at the hotel and register for the meet online. Tickets to several of the events are only available when you purchase them AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE. This means that if you wait to register at the meet, chances are you will miss out on the trip to Cleveland, the vintage train ride, Stan Hywet and the banquet. You can register in advance here: http://www.pcs2011.com/?page_id=23

See you in 50 DAYS!!! :D

Back