Pulls needed

You are going to need the whole pulley stack from a 1954 through 1956 air conditioned engine. It is a triple pulley, part # 146 1163, group 0.569. I checked my Hollander interchange book to see if there was any cross over to another car, however, they don't list pulleys in the book that I have.

Last edited:
Pete... I have been discussing this with Dan Scully, and we believe that even though the parts book shows 1954 - 1956 (I originally transposed two digits 65/56), that the only difference might be in the belt sizes. If your 1962 is still complete, then it would make sense to use all the pulley's, water pump, compressor mountings, etc. as a package. This way, everything will fit together, and he can use the A6 compressor for the add on air conditioning.

now me, I'm staying out of this one. if nothing else comes of it one might try honest John's he may have one.

Pulleys

Have a 62 with AC in yard if nothing closer shows up.

When I did my 61 I got a 62 Limo with A/C .Since 62 is the first year for a alternator I took all the pulleys ,water pump ,fan,shround etc from the 62 to make mine A/C and a alternator . I have not installed the A/C yet but left it all intact on the parts car. I think on a 55 the lower radiator hose is on the opposite side of the 62 . I think most or all the 62 parts will bolt on and you can change to a alternator if you like at the same time. The A/C compressor will fit just to the inside of the alternator ,in this 2nd pic the front A/C compressor bracket is installed but the back one is still on the parts car it goes over the valve cover to support the rear of the compressor.

Attachments

• DSC04076.jpg
    DSC04076.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC04081.jpg
    DSC04081.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC04082.jpg
    DSC04082.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 102
I am out of town today and tomorrow, but I have a parts engine that I can check for an AC pulley on Tuesday.

I am out of town today and tomorrow, but I have a parts engine that I can check for an AC pulley on Tuesday.

What year is the parts engine, and how complete is it? I ask this question, since Bill has asked me to help him acquire all the correct components to simplify the process of adding air conditioning to his car.

if no one else can come up with the set up I do know were there is a 64 with factory air in Rapid. but it most likely will not come cheap.

Back