90 eureka

still need top trim above windshield for this coach. ive tried 3 diffrent ones from salvage and all are to short. if they were to long i could cut to fit but everything ive tried is to short. any help appreciated as im at a loss. caddy wont work as it is bowed wrong. and also its a chevy. i know who built it soo...no help. caprice chassis.

Last edited:
I take it you dealing with one of the Commercial glass ones? it may have been a on one time run of them that satisfied the needs for production. if thats the case you may never find one. what is the problem with the one you have? sending it out to be straighten and polished may be you only choice. if it's the same profile as the ones up have picked up a cut and splice might be your best bet if it's damaged to far to iron out.

I take it you dealing with one of the Commercial glass ones? it may have been a on one time run of them that satisfied the needs for production. if thats the case you may never find one. what is the problem with the one you have? sending it out to be straighten and polished may be you only choice. if it's the same profile as the ones up have picked up a cut and splice might be your best bet if it's damaged to far to iron out.

well sir the short of it is its gone. it is commercial glass and there lies the problem. ive looked everywhere from arizona to florida without any luck. im leaning to cut and splice but havent found the right contour yet. im going to the other side of town to look at some peices from a buick that i might use but theres a little piece that i would have to find that hides were there connected. seen it before on lots of cars so im not to wooried about that peice. just the two contured peices. thank you. i was hoping you might be able to help.

Kyle, I have emailed Tom McPhearson (he built these), to see if this trim was used on other coaches.
Until I hear from him, try to see if trim for a 78 M-M will be the same. The reason Im bringing this up is when I talked to Tom he told me the commercial windshield in my 85 Eureka Pontiac is the same as a 78 M-M. The 1990 Caprice is basically an exact copy of the Pontiacs of that era. Worth a shot.

Kyle,
Just got a response from Tom. These used the same A pillar and windshield as the downsized RWD Cadillac Commercial chassis (1977-1984), and he said all the surrounding trim on those cars will be the same as what you need.

Now the FWD Eurekas, then you have a problem, as the glass was made by Eureka.

thank you!

just got back from looking at parts that would not work. very welcome post. now i no what to look for. just might know where a junk 79 is. if i cant find it there ill ask here. gotta love this site. thanks john. very, very much appreciated sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trim

I have the trim but want to sell it as a set . Came off of a 78 S&S. $60.00 + Shipping .Thanks

Attachments

• DSC09476.jpg
    DSC09476.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC09477.JPG
    DSC09477.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 107
just got back from looking at parts that would not work. very welcome post. now i no what to look for. just might know where a junk 79 is. if i cant find it there ill ask here. gotta love this site. thanks john. very, very much appreciated sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just 79, any commercial Glass Cadillac form 1977-1984 will work.
If I were you I would snag the complete trim Daniel just posted. One less thing to hunt down.

Back