spotted in a parking lot...

Dana Bennett

PCS Life Member
Hi Everyone!

A friend in Florida took this photo and sent it to me figuring I would find it interesting, and of course he was right!!
As most of you can identify, this is a 1969 S&S Victoria 3-Way hearse (that is if "I" am identifying it properly!!) looks like well worth restoring, seems to be sitting with no rear license plate??
What I find interesting is the forward roof treatment. I do not know if you can see it in the picture without enlarging it. I have seen half roofs and such before but this one is inboard of the drip rails by a few inches above the rear side doors before it goes across the top. I don't recall seeing one like this before, was this done when built or maybe sometime afterwards??
anyway, just thought it was interesting and figured I would share!!

Dana Bennett
Forestville, NY

304408_4123410122012_535740768_n.jpg

That coach I believe belongs to Jen & Nick Mullins, and was shown at the 2012 International Meet. Even though it has suicide doors on the sides, it is described as being an end loader.

really??!! I had thought Superior was the only coach company that you could order suicide doors on any type of coach?? neat! Thanks paul!

different

i met jen and nick,and eat dinner at my table,good people,i think that is there car,because i did notice that it does not have the side door top,how would anybody describe it,moulding or not smooth door,also dont know if they are on this site,because it was never told to me that i had to sesscribe to the site,and also the pcs. i did not know untill bruce helped me to understand a little better,when i got a message from jen yesterday,i dont think she is on site,please contact her,and help her to,also please send me a magisine,and no thanks to richard vyse to help me,even though i like richard,he is in is own world,P.S. Richard i sent you a message to friend me and once again i got egnored,love you richard Brian 917-499-9994:cheers:

i met jen and nick,and eat dinner at my table,good people,i think that is there car,because i did notice that it does not have the side door top,how would anybody describe it,moulding or not smooth door,also dont know if they are on this site,because it was never told to me that i had to sesscribe to the site,and also the pcs. i did not know untill bruce helped me to understand a little better,when i got a message from jen yesterday,i dont think she is on site,please contact her,and help her to,also please send me a magisine,and no thanks to richard vyse to help me,even though i like richard,he is in is own world,P.S. Richard i sent you a message to friend me and once again i got egnored,love you richard Brian 917-499-9994:cheers:

Paul, what the Hell is that all about? Never mind, I really don't care to get in the middle of a love story.

:confused2:

What the...?!

Try this: http://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/sentencetext.htm

Dont recall ever seeing this type of roof treatment, but that dont mean it was not done. Also the car was originaly grey or silver. S&S always color coded the landau bars the same as the body.

Welllllll, here is the photo I took of Jen Mullins' car at the Daytona meet. Clearly, it's not the same car that's in Dana's photo. The Mullins' car is a '69 S&S, but it doesn't have the same roof treatment, and has standard (not suicide) doors.

So we still don't know about the one in Dana's photo. It might indeed be a 3-way.

Attachments

• 69S&SCadMullins.jpg
    69S&SCadMullins.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 562
This car appears to be the "Kurt Appling" ( a former and/or current PCS member) car which I haven't seen since the mid 90's. It was tastefully "modified".

Dont recall ever seeing this type of roof treatment, but that dont mean it was not done. Also the car was originaly grey or silver. S&S always color coded the landau bars the same as the body.

Wow!! Thanks John! Always pretty neat to learn something that you did not know before!! I find these little things the most interesting sometimes!!

was it the center part of the landau bow that was always color coded??

Dana Bennett.

I guess we should have responded with this question, "Where in Florida?"

Richard,
actually trying to find out more info from my friend, he said it was at a shop next to someplace he stopped for lunch. Will post info if I learn more, well at least after checking with another friend of mine first "IF" it is for sale as he may be interested, heck, if i had the room and some "extra" cash I would like it myself, I think this is a very nice style coach!!

Dana Bennett.

This car appears to be the "Kurt Appling" ( a former and/or current PCS member) car which I haven't seen since the mid 90's. It was tastefully "modified".

LOL!! Thanks to the handy-dandy new membership cd roster that i just recieved i do indeed see Cary that you very well may be correct!! a Ruby Appling in Florida is listed as a member with a '69 hearse and a '73 Limousine, just may be the same car, good memory!!

Dana Bennett.

please call me thanks Brian J Whelan 917-499-9994:thumb:

Just a tad pre-occupied Brain with work at hotel, doing a fair amount of trade embalming, getting Terri relocated to Fort Myers, and taking care of the puppies. Days are full and nights are lonely.

Once things settle down we can get together. Keep in mind there is the Turkey Run Car Show in Daytona over Thanksgiving but as of now I may be with Terri in Fort Myers.

:goodnight_smi:

Wow!! Thanks John! Always pretty neat to learn something that you did not know before!! I find these little things the most interesting sometimes!!

was it the center part of the landau bow that was always color coded??

Dana Bennett.

The arms are color coded, the center piece should be chrome as is the buttons on the center and ends.

just thought i would bump this back up, just in case you have read this thread and didn't know that this car is currently on craigslist and there is another thread in the craigslist sale/discussion section here. the ad shows more pictures!! has a pretty neat and interesting interior!
anyway, just thought I would mention it on the off chance someone interested might not have seen it.

Dana.

Back