Rear Engine Seal....

I would bet that the bad lifter has worn out the lob in the cam. not saying that one can't collapse and never come back up. but I would go for a flat lobe or a bent push rod. usually a lifter will come and go. but if you get the man to change the seal be sure and ask him to check the main bearings and end play in the crank. if they are good then think about the lifter problem. you can get a lot of use out of a not quite right engine if your not doing any long halls. but you cant make one heal it's self. you have to live with the problems it has. the old hub cap slid under the dust cover would take care of the mess. till you can do it proper. you are right one car at a time is all you can do. let the other one wait till you can get to it.

Bill and I will be heading out shortly for a 9-11 Car Show in Eustis. Checked the Criterion this morning after driving it yesterday and sitting in the driveway. Guess what I did not find this morning? No oil leak. I can never understand this stuff.

Oh well, we're off!!! :drama:

When I first got the hearse none of the lifters moved when I turned over the engine lol. I had to soak them in oil and PB blaster then clean them off and boom they started working. You shouldn't need a rebuild over an additive. People use those all the time without issue. I know sometimes a slightly thicker oil will work on stopping a leak. I am also a fan of lucas lube.

Engine additives

I am also a user of lucas products,and reccomend them highly. I had a lot of lifter noise in my 55 ford firetruck when i first got it running.turned out to be 3 bent pushrods and the motor was smoking badly.replaced the pushrods and adjusted the valves.it was like somebody flipped a switch.the motor stopped smoking and ran like new!!!!!! I also reccomend seafoam gas additive.it treats and stablizes your fuel!:893USA-Smilie-thumb

I just got some good news. My mechanic says my Criterion's rear main seal is not leaking but rather the engine oil sending unit is the issue. Simple fix. Next we wait for the clicking noise diagnosis keeping my fingers crossed it's the rocker arm.
:clap:

Back