Only 2 more sleeps, Bill!

Only 2 more sleeps until your new Caddy ambulance arrives, Bill. Are you going nuts yet?

I remember when my Criterion was on its way out here from Ontario by train. It was one of the longest and most nerve-wracking times I have ever spent. Seldom have I been so excited. My wife tells me I was unbearable!

We're all cheering for you. :thumb:

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.......

The shipper is scrambling!

The shipper is having a few issues. The truck he had lined up could only take a regular sized vehicle. Then they had a construction crew sever their phone/internet lines yesterday so they had no contact with their haulers.

They're hoping that a truck heading back to Federal Way, Wa. will do it with a pick-up on Wed. Getting down to the wire. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be in Blaine on Thursday for a Friday pick-up.

I may have to drive up to Blaine on Friday to see this!. I remember how unsettled I was when I was waiting for my S&S Lincoln several years ago!

yes the excitement of the new arrival. the thing to remember is don't push it. better a few days late and in good shape.

It's on the way!

After some rather stern discussion with the shipper on Tuesday afternoon, he found a hauler for Wed. The seller contacted me to advise that the vehicle had been loaded and left his place around 5 PM. It'll be in Blaine on Thursday delivered to a storage yard and then Cliff and I will pick it up on Friday. Didn't want to push the transport but my time frame for getting the vehicle due to work commitments was closing in...plus if the TOP from Idaho had expired I'd be looking at a whole other set of issues regarding licensure to drive it into BC.

Rick...feel free to join us if you'd like. We'll be there around 1PM I'm guessing. Pantec Storage west on Boblett Street just after you take exit 275 (the Pacific Truck Crossing) You'll have to join us on the Canadian side though as Cliff doesn't have what's needed to cross into the US as yet (awaiting new ID). Give me a call on my cell phone 250-818-9324.

I'll update and post pictures on Saturday if all goes well.

I'll hafta miss this one since I dont have whats needed to get back IN to the USA!. The Canadians only require me to have a drivers license and Birth certificate to enter Canada but in order to reenter the USA i need either a passport, passport card or the enhanced drivers license. Somehow, I dont feel like arguing with bureaucrats with guns!

yes the terrorist have won. we now are restraint from moving freely by our own government in the disguise of making us safe. getting the required documents to enable us to move about as we did now requires a precise series of hoop jumps. this is so we won't bother to do so. sorry but the world we are right now forced to live in by our own governments has us standing on a imagery line send paper air planes with written notes back and forth to communicate. mean while the ones that want to do damage just hop a plane and come right over.
must have woke up with a doom and gloom cloud hanging over my head. I still remember when it was show some form of ID and welcome to canada stay as long as you spend money. the other side was welcome home you broke now.

but glad that plans have now come threw for you and you can get the car home. that is always the dicie part.

Thanks Rick...I gues you and:argue: Cliff could stand on either side of the border and yell at each other

Many more sleeps

:mad: Well...met Cliff at the BC Ferries, Duke Point and off we sailed to the Lower Mainland (greater Vancouver area). I had left a message earlier (twice) with the carrier company to call back as I hadn't heard from them about the delivery. After arriving on the other side, phoned the storage company to see if the ambulance had arrived...nope not yet. Had a return call from the carrier saying they left a voice message for the driver...he probably didn't answer because he was in transit from the Seattle area with the vehicle. An hour later after arriving at the Blaine Border crossing (where exports have to occur) called the carrier again. The agent I had been dealing with calls the driver and asks where he is in the delivery...long pause...in Portland Oregon...285 miles from the border! His truck broke down on Thursday and he was awaiting repairs!!! Didn't call the agent to update them so of course the agent didn't update me. So no eta for the ambulance to get to the border...all depends on the truck repairs.

So I'm not too happy right now with the particular carrier I used (who will remain nameless until after the vehicle arrives in Canada), the driver of the contract truck, or the agent I've been dealing with. Seems customer service is not one of their strong points. They've had 14 days to move the vehicle and this is the best they can do? They are registered with the BBB so they'll be contacted as well when this is all over.

All I can hope for now is that the vehicle stays safe and arrives at the beginning of the week.

On a positive note I got $1 off on my soup/sandwich combo on the ferry ride back to Vancouver Island. Also had a great time catching up with Cliff Bergum and stopped by for Cliff to look at Doug House's Criterion (sorry we missed you Doug).

shipping

Bill: I think shipping, and in particular trans border shipping, is designed this way to provide good stories and enjoy our vehicles all the more. Its day will come. Smile and enjoy it all the more when it arrives.

Thanks

Thanks Tim...just needed to vent for a bit earlier. It will be well worth it when it arrives. For the sake of a 30 second phone call the day would have been significantly less expensive. The t.o.p. runs out on Feb 7 so I need to be able to get it home no later than that date.

:mad: Well...met Cliff at the BC Ferries, Duke Point and off we sailed to the Lower Mainland (greater Vancouver area). I had left a message earlier (twice) with the carrier company to call back as I hadn't heard from them about the delivery. After arriving on the other side, phoned the storage company to see if the ambulance had arrived...nope not yet. Had a return call from the carrier saying they left a voice message for the driver...he probably didn't answer because he was in transit from the Seattle area with the vehicle. An hour later after arriving at the Blaine Border crossing (where exports have to occur) called the carrier again. The agent I had been dealing with calls the driver and asks where he is in the delivery...long pause...in Portland Oregon...285 miles from the border! His truck broke down on Thursday and he was awaiting repairs!!! Didn't call the agent to update them so of course the agent didn't update me. So no eta for the ambulance to get to the border...all depends on the truck repairs.

So I'm not too happy right now with the particular carrier I used (who will remain nameless until after the vehicle arrives in Canada), the driver of the contract truck, or the agent I've been dealing with. Seems customer service is not one of their strong points. They've had 14 days to move the vehicle and this is the best they can do? They are registered with the BBB so they'll be contacted as well when this is all over.

All I can hope for now is that the vehicle stays safe and arrives at the beginning of the week.

On a positive note I got $1 off on my soup/sandwich combo on the ferry ride back to Vancouver Island. Also had a great time catching up with Cliff Bergum and stopped by for Cliff to look at Doug House's Criterion (sorry we missed you Doug).

Good Luck Chewing out The transport folks. Hope Everything is Ok with the Car. On The Positive Side You had a great Day With a fellow Pcs er

Thanks Tim...just needed to vent for a bit earlier. It will be well worth it when it arrives. For the sake of a 30 second phone call the day would have been significantly less expensive. The t.o.p. runs out on Feb 7 so I need to be able to get it home no later than that date.

What is a t.o.p.?????

makes me glad that I didn't give Bill a specific transporters name to call. This way, I know that whoever it is wasn't specifically recommended by me!I talked to Bill yesterday afternoon and he seemed to be taking it in stride but you could tell he was disappointed.

When I had my 1978 Superior Cadillac shipped from Alaska to Washington, the consignee that it was delivered to took excellent care of it until the next carrier picked it up a couple months later. He cleaned it, and even drove it to make sure that all the moving components stayed lubricate. He is a great person to have a vehicle delivered to if you want to stage it in Washington State... He is such a good guy, that I won't even fault him for owning 2 Lincolns..
:thankyou2:

having had them shipped in and out I can understand your frustrations. all I had to do is stay home. a simple phone call with whats happening is all it takes to keep a man happy. anxiety will kill you which is why I would rather go get it myself. but if everything went smooth it's a boring story.

Bill, keep your head up she will arrive, and the wait will have been worth it. When I bought my 63 I had it shipped from New Jersey to R.I. and I was very apprehensive about it. The booking agent was easy to deal with, and the driver took good care of the car.

Back