Hearse stolen

I am sad to report that someone stole my 1970 Cadillac M-M Eterna Combination last night. I had it stored out at my farm. It was stolen along with my 1968 Plymouth Fury III and my 1984 Ford F-150. I guess it was a bunch of dope heads. If anybody hears of someone trying to sell a hearse of the above description I would appreciate a message. The hearse is white with a black 1/4 top. Thanks.

Get on the phone, and start calling every scrap yard for a 200 mile radius. They steal the old cars, and many times they sell them for scrap without even taking a thing off of them. Being an old car, many places will take them without a title, and they will be crushed or shredded quickly.

Get on the phone, and start calling every scrap yard for a 200 mile radius. They steal the old cars, and many times they sell them for scrap without even taking a thing off of them. Being an old car, many places will take them without a title, and they will be crushed or shredded quickly.

Sorry to hear this. As Paul said you can have it scraped without proving ownership up to 1986 in Ga. and with some of the places I have seen they might take even newer cars. Hope you are able to find before something happens to them.

Do you have any pictures or at least a description. I know some hearse people that live in Ga and can tell them to keep an eye out for your hearse. Hopefully you will get all your vehicles back and with nothing done to them.

Do you have any pictures or at least a description. I know some hearse people that live in Ga and can tell them to keep an eye out for your hearse. Hopefully you will get all your vehicles back and with nothing done to them.

From another post, here is a picture of what another 1970 Eterna looks like.

attachment.php

Thanks Paul for the pic. Mine is white with black vinyl top. What makes it so bad is that this is the hearse that I bought when we opened the funeral home in 1983. I kept it all these years for sentimental reasons. And yes, I did use it for amublance work too. A friend of mine and I took his airplane this afternoon and flew all over our area since we do live in a rural area with lots of "hiding places" and also flew over all the area scrapyards but didn't see anything.

Keep looking, because they will bring it out of hiding once they think that the hunt is off. Usually it is stashed in a barn for a while, and then it comes out. Also, offer a big enough reward for the recovery, and conviction of the thieves, and get all the local newspapers, and television stations carrying the story. If the dollars are right, then someone is going to squeal to get the money. There is no loyalty among thieves. Speak to your insurance company, because they have a vested interest in recovery, rather than paying off the full dollar amount. Possibly they will also contribute to the reward. The more dollars that are offered, the better the chances of getting the tip that you need. Remember, time isn't your friend in this instance. Also, once it hits the local papers and television stations, there is a greater chance that the scrap yards are not going to accept it. The last thing that they want to be accused of is receiving stolen cars...

You are in our thoughts,only hoping good thoughts for a speedy recovery of these vehicles,know that many-many sets of eyes are now watching,and scouring the areas.hoping the scum sucking sewer mutants get caught...:smileflagcan:

I never loss a hearse or a ambulance. usually they are the one with empty spaces around them in the parking lot. I did loose my limo for about 6 hr one day.

Danny, I am sorry to hear this news. I hope they turn up unharmed. I will keep my eyes and ears open for them as well.

It takes a real moron to steal a hearse. Its not like youre going to blend in with everyone else on the road; you stick out like a sore thumb!

Sorry for your loss

It takes a real moron to steal a hearse. Its not like you're going to blend in with everyone else on the road; you stick out like a sore thumb!

....or an ambulance either!! Danny, sorry for the loss of your cars, I've had plenty over the years and I know the hurt you feel....hopefully the morons that took them will screw-up and do something real stupid and then they'll get caught red-handed!! Then you can hang the bastards!!! :gun1:

My first attempt at attaching photos. Hope it works. In the first photo it is the car on the right. The second one is obvious. These old photos bring back many memories.

Attachments

• Robertson Photo.jpg
    Robertson Photo.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 325
  • Robertson Photo 2.jpg
    Robertson Photo 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 331
Hi Danny,

I am so sorry your car was stolen. Of course it had to be one that meant something to you as well. I really hope you find it. The last time I heard of someone having a hearse stolen down south (FL) it was crated up and sent out of the country.....so always keep that in mind.

I've had a Cadillac stolen before, and the police were of little help....in fact, they were insulting and could have cared less. Their exact words when we first spoke were " we don't have any faith in solving this case". Being they had been there with us for all of five minutes, and hadn't spoke to us at all prior to that, I'm sure they knew everything......so case closed......nope, not more than a few hours later my in-laws in the neighboring state called saying they had seen our car looping around the block by their house. Turns out the thief had our address book out and was casing family member's houses. We (my wife and I) did all of the ground work researching our stolen car from that point and with many frustrating calls from one police department to another as neither department involved would assume the responsibility of tracking down our "impossible to find car"......we did find it the very next afternoon. We forced the police to put out an APB for the car. They did so reluctantly saying in the snottiest of tones "if it will make you happy".

We had faith in finding our car even when those who are paid to protect and serve did not.

Don't lose hope.....your car is out there.

Just to let everyone know that on Facebook not only PCS members but members from Grim Rides and other hearse clubs are posting the info on their pages about Danny's hearse. So the word is getting out and spreading very fast with a lot of people on the look out in a lot of other places as well.

It won't hurt!!

With so many of our members driving their vehicles to Daytona could not someone print off a sheet with the pics and descriptions,that could be put on the side windows of the vehicles,you all stop for breaks and fuel and curious peope are always looking at your cars, something that could be downloaded and printed,just a thought!!:smileflagcan:

That Eterna is beautiful! If I had know it was only an hour from me, I probably would have stolen it for myself :D

Seriously though, I'm getting an email sent out today to a list of mostly metro-Altantian car guys here. It's a rotating group of about 150 total of us that meets for breakfast here at the Marietta Diner every Tuesday morning. Some drive in from 50+ miles, so word will hopefully get widespread among GA car enthusiasts quickly.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Adam, bear in mind that the photos of the Eterna are more years old than I care to remember. It was in need of some serious restoration (and I do mean serious). I have fond memories of some serious ambulance calls in this car. It was fully equipped "red light, siren, oxyen cylinder, stretcher and lead foot". It is simply amazing at how fast the word of the thefts has traveled. Again, thanks for all the posts and offers of assistance. Everyone just keep spreading the word and keep your eyes peeled.

Back