Procar Graveyard Open House

Details sorted, FB event created. Saturday September 7, first weekend after Labor Day. Only the third time owner has agreed to having a group over. Can not determine if there will be time for another such event next year at same place. Property lease has been lost. Given immense amount of effort/money it will take to find another location and move everything, owner is heavily leaning towards crushing anything remaining.

This is not a PCS sanctioned event, although PCS members will be in attendance. It is open to all procar owners/aficionados.

-----------------------------------------------------

https://www.facebook.com/events/501752803231404/

934961_10151690640468221_847865359_n.jpg

After more than 30 years of collecting, this property will cease to exist within the next year. Sadly, an immense parts resource will be lost forever as the largest collection of its kind anywhere in the world will dissipate. 60+ hearses (plus a few ambulances and a couple limos) spanning 50 years from the '30s-'80s lie in destitute.

If you're within a day's drive and like professional vehicles, consider attending. Bring a bag lunch and Deep Woods Off. Add tools into the mix for even fairer parts prices when removing yourself. Take advantage of having spares for your coach before these all disappear. And if looking for a project, bring a trailer, as there are a handful of decent builders remaining. Heavy machinery to move units will be provided.

Coach, parts, and price questions in advance encouraged. The more prepared you are, the better of a day you'll have. Cross post as desired.

Exact location provided later to those who RSVP.

a man with a good three car haller will to pay scrap price might just make him a good investment in a lap or two.

What a shame, brings a bit of sadness to me even though ive known of it for such a short time. Hopefully something works out. Looks like I got mine out of there just in time. As the saying goes, the time to buy it is when you see it. Wish like hell I could attend.

Attila,
Does the owner have any kind of a vehicle inventory list? I assume not, but that would sure be helpful for those of us who are a great distance away.

After a dozen+ trips over last several years I have photo documented everything. Can use them to create 'builder', 'borderline restorable', and 'parts' lists with owner's help if we can both find time.

He knows coaches very very well and has an outstanding grasp on what he has, not necessarily condition of everything however without physically checking. One man's private collection, never a business. He maintained space in a family member's wrecking yard to keep bulk of lesser units.

This took entirely too long and I stand partially corrected. I do not have complete pics where coaches are in a tight cluster. Update w/ coach listing including Cadillac passenger cars. Should give a firm idea even if a year is sporadically off by one. Now don't chastise me for subjective lists. :p

Needs little:
'73 Superior Crown
'87 Demers Lincoln
'89 Demers Lincoln

Builders:
'37 S&S Byzantine (soon, still being used as pattern)
'51 S&S flower car (pending payment)
'55 Superior flower car (pending payment)
'59 Memphian military ambulance
'60 Coupe DeVille
'62 Superior Sovereign limo style endloader (undecided)
'63 Series 75 limo
'66 AQC Jetway 707
'69 MM landau 3-way
'69 Superior Royale Landaulet endloader
'70 Superior Landaulet endloader
'72 MM landau
'72 Superior 51
'72 Superior 54
'84 Superior landau 3-way

Borderline restorable:
'53 Meteor limo endloader (undecided)
'64 MM limo style combination
'70 MM landau 3-way
'71 National Suburban ambulance
'74 MM Citation
'74-'76 S&S Victoria (x2)
'74 Superior landau
'84 Superior limo style

Parts cars:
'49 Fleetwood
'51 Fleetwood w/ dual A/C
'54 Miller/camper
'54-'55 Superior/camper (x3)
'55 Coupe DeVille
'56 Sedan DeVille
'57 Sedan DeVille
'59 Series 62 sedans (x2)
'60 Superior Pontiac military ambulance
'62 Sedan DeVille (x2)
'62 hearse/camper
'62 Series 75 limo
'62 MM/camper
'62 MM Futura
'62 Superior Royale limo style combination
'63 Series 62 sedan
'63 Superior/camper
'65 MM landau
'66 Sedan DeVille
'66 MM limo combination
'66 Superior limo style Tiara endloader
'68 MM landau endloader
'68 Superior limo style
'69 Superior Pontiac landau
'70 Superior Pontiac landau
'74-'75 Superior landau (x3)
'75 MM Citation
'76 MM Lifeliner
'77-'79 MM landau (x2)
'77-'79 S&S (x2)
'84 Superior landau commercial glass
'85 Collins Buick landau
'89 Superior commercial glass

.....Add another 10-12 parts coaches from '71+ I do not have individual pictures of. Those lowest on list will be first to recycle once scrap goes up. Dozens of other rare coaches not for sale at any price will be present. So bring a camera, hang out, have fun, explore, and maybe lend a helping hand to another removing parts.

A large gas grill is being provided now and probably basic burgers/hotdogs. It will be available for use on site. There simply won't be enough hours in day to break and drive anywhere for food!

Darryl Thompson has offered to help deliver if needed with his personal use 50' trailer as time permits. Keep in mind he has a full time job and is not a professional transporter, merely offering to help other hobbyists out.

'51 Fleetwood

Air conditioning did not appear as an option until 1953. An error somewhere? I'd love to see photos. Tom

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsfdN69_Z10[/ame]

Yes Rich. This video was shot at last get together - May, 2012 - and offers a glimpse of what is there. Attendees will see everything sitting in video with exception of gold Superior backing out of building which sold on that day.

Atti, any idea what the color is of the interior on the 1966 M-M? I know it's a long shot, but if it's the light green color like my car, I'm definitely interested in some items.

Sarah the '66 has a blue interior. The '65 however we think is green like yours going off memory, which will be double checked soon. Don't get your hopes up too high as '65 has a rusty roof. Drop me a note with specific wants anyway.

whats the story on the bars on the 71 Mm under the carport. looks like some one made them

Attachments

• 71-72 MM.JPG
    71-72 MM.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 580
I can only add that they're cast and the coach is believed 100% original. It was purchased when retired from the FH that bought it new.

971841_10151702254803221_2015409095_n.jpg

Hey look another Jewish floor treatment.

970090_10151702267833221_2108256371_n.jpg

Looking for the piece of trim for the rear window for my 62 Superior I think it is the same from 61-65? If any one has the time to pull when there I will pay them for there time ,part etc .Thanks for any help on this.

Attachments

• 8848_10151676601438221_1927903243_n.jpg
    8848_10151676601438221_1927903243_n.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 554
Daniel, for certain that trim is the same on '61-'62 Superior Cadillac and '61-'64 Superior Pontiac. Here's the '62 in this yard.

970091_10151702417858221_1282397482_n.jpg

Additionally, there are 4 other donors I've already removed corner glass from elsewhere that should prove easier removing trim.

Pro Car Graveyard

In Daniel's Post #17 picture, I need the chrome applique (below the round medallion) to the right of the piece he needs, between the windows on the passenger's side sail panel. Thanks, Ken

In Daniel's Post #17 picture, I need the chrome applique (below the round medallion) to the right of the piece he needs, between the windows on the passenger's side sail panel. Thanks, Ken

Yes Ken, that's my image already posted in your own wanted ad. Daniel borrowed and drew on it. As mentioned there, not the same as '61-'62 Cadillac (which is on this property).

Back