MoPar procars

From an ebay picture auction....( I think)
34 Airflow Hearse
34airflowhearse.jpg

34airflowhearse2.jpg

RARE 42 Miller Cathedral on Chrysler chassis. This car was pieced out a few months after being offered as a whole car on ebay years ago. I bid on a few carved panels.......but lost :(

42cry4.jpg

42cry1.jpg

42cry2.jpg

42cry3.jpg

This was probably a one-of-a-kind funeral car. There's a photo of it when new in McPherson's Miller-Meteor book. It went to Tacoma, Washington. The same firm also bought a 1942 Miller-Chrysler limousine-style combination car and had matching Chrysler nine-passenger sedans. Any hope of this being restored?

Lets throw in a 49 National Dodge in....Shot in St Pete Florida in the 90's. History at this point unknown.

it this for sure a National?? with the canter doors back wards front doors and the use of the gm sedan delivery back door it looks more to me like a Seabert. I don't think I have ever seen a national with center doors like that. but I can say I sure would like to see it in person thanks for the pictures.

Lets throw in a 49 National Dodge in....Shot in St Pete Florida in the 90's. History at this point unknown.
[/IMG]

This Economy/Dodge was sold new to the funeral home in Marlette, MI. It was later used by the Marlette F.D. when the funeral home discontinued its ambulance service.

This was probably a one-of-a-kind funeral car. There's a photo of it when new in McPherson's Miller-Meteor book. It went to Tacoma, Washington. The same firm also bought a 1942 Miller-Chrysler limousine-style combination car and had matching Chrysler nine-passenger sedans. Any hope of this being restored?

I think I remember that car. That's the car that was down at All-American Auto in Vancouver, right? When I saw it there I suspected that it was the same one in this archive photo from the Tacoma Public Library, Richards Studio collection:
http://search.tacomapubliclibrary.o...arse&stemming=On&phonic=&fuzzy=&maxfiles=5000

I wish it could have been restored and bought back to Tacoma. I was told many parts went to help restore a Chrysler in the LeMay collection and Museum, construction on which, by the way, is finally moving along nicely next to the Tacoma Dome.

This Economy/Dodge was sold new to the funeral home in Marlette, MI. It was later used by the Marlette F.D. when the funeral home discontinued its ambulance service.

Here she is in Marlette F.D. livery:

(WMc photos)

Attachments

• Marlette 001.jpg
    Marlette 001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 808
  • Marlette rear 001.jpg
    Marlette rear 001.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,708
1958 Memphis Coach Co. Desoto "Memphian". Gilbart Funeral Home, Selkirk, Manitoba.

Attachments

• Gilbart001.jpg
    Gilbart001.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,182
Just when we think we've seen 'em all...!

I really like the (metal) ambulance grilles on this car:

Rumson, NJ
1936 ?/Dodge

Seen here at a Dumont parade in July, 1956:

?, NJ
1956 Memphis/Plymouth

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Rumson Dodge 001.jpg
    Rumson Dodge 001.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 950
  • Plymouth 001.jpg
    Plymouth 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 931
The Plymouth is a Municipal Government car, as designated by the MG on the license plate. If it were a volunteer squad car, then it would have NF on the plate for No Fee. Still an interesting car.

Sweet

1967 National/Chrysler
(note the window reflection of a '58 Eureka)

(factory photo)

Attachments

• National Chrysler 001.jpg
    National Chrysler 001.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 822
As Ed requested in the Pontiac thread, here's a pic of the green '58 Memphis DeSoto ambulance at Ringdahl's in Minnesota.

Attachments

• 58MemphisDesoto@Ringdahl.jpg
    58MemphisDesoto@Ringdahl.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 676
these were the first set to get cut up and crushed. there was not a lot of market for old Chrysler products. but for me there styling beat out GMs hands down. if they could have just figured out a way to eliminate the felling you were riding in a beer can they would have out sold both Ford and GM.

Back