Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale To The Public At Large

For Sale To The Public At Large For Sale items must contain a price, and be owned by you and Pro Car related. All questions, price negotiations, etc., must be done by Private Message or eMail. Once sold, please make a final post indicating that. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Special Note, when doing business with others ask for references etc., Buyer and Sellers Beware, we hope each person is honest, however, buy and sell at your own risk.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1970 Pontiac Consort Lowboy Ambulance for sale

I am forced to sell my 1970 Pontiac Consort low top ambulance due to financial hardship caused by medical bills. It breaks my heart to let my baby go, but I have no choice. The car is all white, runs very well, has a 400 engine, and had new whitewall tires put on two years ago with only a few hundred miles on them. The bar has a red and white four sealed beacon, two red bullet lights, and red alternating headlights , all that work. It also has two Unity red/white spotlights that do not work but are in good shape. The car has a high band antenna which is connected to a working but non period two way radio which is included. There is also a low band whip antenna on the vehicle. Heater works great, air conditioner does not. Working roof mounted mechanical siren. Vehicle also includes model 30 cot with a new red blanket, Old Johnson and Johnson First Aid Kit with stock, a small kit with cool, very old medical items , some other various supplies, fire extinguisher, old wooden short backboard,portable suction unit, airways,bandages, etc. I don't know a lot about the history of this car, except that two collectors had it before I did, and I love the car. It was featured on the front page of the Kenosha(WI) News on Labor Day weekend of 2016 at the huge annual Kenosha Labor Car Show.Bruce Biancalana has helped me a lot with the car.I am located in Kenosha, WI, halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee. I would like to get what I have in the car, but will go a little below that as I would like to sell it soon. I am asking $13,500.00. Please contact me if you are interested . My cell is 847-366-7989. Thanks very much for looking at this!
Bill Beetschen

Bill send me the pictures to add to the post. There are additional pictures on page 2. Sorry about the pictures being upside down & sideways. I was unable to correct the orientation with my software on this computer.
Paul,
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2018, 01:07 PM
PCS Elected Director 2014- 2018

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,644 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Why not include photos? It's easy!

Last edited by Steve Loftin; 03-17-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:47 PM
PCS Member

I have photos saved on my phone, but I'm pretty inept at this stuff. How would I go about it?
Old 03-17-2018, 03:23 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,205 Times in 481 Posts
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Sorry you have to sell it Bill. Try and download your pictures, no doubt it will help a lot in the sale.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:13 PM
PCS Elected Director 2016 - 2018

Thanked 14,300 Times in 6,026 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm glad that I'm not the only one here that can't do that stuff. Sounds like a nice car.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:27 PM
PCS Member

Default Pontiac Consort For Sale Update

Pictures will be up tomorrow(Monday). I have received a few calls with questions , so I'll include the answers here:

This is a Superior(obviously)

Ambulance has been garage kept year round since I have owned it which is three years.It gets started at least once a month during the winter months, and ran great a few weeks ago.

On the initial description, the word "bar" just before the lights description should be "car". It does not have a light bar, it has a beacon. Also, the tunnel lights are the two sided type with the smaller flashing domes to the rear.

The ambulance is currently lettered for "Mercy Ambulance Las Vegas"
which is how it was when I received it.

The Johnson and Johnson first aid kit included is the large metal Industrial First Aid kit with period stock. This was my father in law's kit, and is approximately 47 years old.

The rear has two attendants seats facing each other. The forward facing seat folds down to allow a second patient lying on the floor.

There is a floor storage cabinet at the foot of the cot, and another on the passenger side at the rear of the car, behind the attendants seat,

That's about it for now. As I said, we'll have pictures up tomorrow, and maybe even a video. Thanks folks!!! Bill
Old 03-18-2018, 01:49 PM
PCS Life Member

Is the vehicle depicted in our colleague Steve Loftin’s post #72 on this page (link provided below) — part of a lenghty and informative “Pontiac procar pics” thread from 2011 — perhaps your ambulance, Bill?

http://www.professionalcarsociety.or...?t=3676&page=8
Old 03-18-2018, 01:59 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,060 Posts

Bill Marcy here is one that WILL fit in the garage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Grave For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (03-20-2018), Denny Shira (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 06:11 PM
PCS Member

Default 1970 Pontiac Consort Ambulance for Sale

Pictures will be up on PCS facebook shortly.

Also, one more thing that I remembered. The mechanical siren on the roof, which works, is actually a combination siren and flashing red light, which also works great.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:18 PM
PCS Member

Default yes it is

Dave,yes, that is my car at the Wisconsin EMS Association Conference in 2010,before I owned it. Most of the markings have been removed except "Mercy Ambulance, Las Vegas" and "Radio Dispatched".