1961 Futura endloader - MD

I am with you Jamie... Oh the goodies in the background. lol Can we bid on them? :D

My bet is that the complete coach is a 60 and the camper has the 59 under it. A little plate swappage may be inherent in the future. ;)

Thank you Darryl and Kurt for the info. Darryl i would so bid eather one or both thr camper woukd be fun to drive your buddys around bar hopping.

'61 belongs to a friend who initially purchased to turn into an Ecto. Running eBay auction is a stop gap measure from doing so. If reserve is not met, flat out plans include a sheet metal transformation along completion to yet another clone.

With any luck a real bidder will step up and stop that from happening.

Some of you met owner/seller at Procar Graveyard Open House. Others will meet him in Asheville. Background includes '59 Superior Landaulet indeed and camper is a '60 ex-MM.

Will the 59 become the donor for the 61 Ecto, or is that not an option? I don't really know what will bolt or graft onto what, but it would be a shame to see two cars involved.

Initially, '59 was purchased (years ago) for an Ecto clone, yes, in lieu of finding a MM. Thank gawd that hasn't happened!!! It's currently viewed as a separate entity.

Owner has enough '59 parts to swap entire front clip & rear bumper ends onto '61. Unsure if he has good '59 CDV quarters laying around (yet). Rear bumper & sail panels pose most difficult challenge to find but he certainly wouldn't take those items off Superior.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't wrap my head around possessing such an Ecto tunnel vision that seems prevalent among those types of enthusiasts. Even lightbar sitting on Superior came from me in preparation of what he'll one day have.

When I presented him with an opportunity to purchase a '59 Futura for $7500 last year, he flew half way across country to check it out. Ended up dragging his feet penny pinching hoping to buy a little cheaper. Another friend ended up buying before cleaning up & putting on eBay virtually unchanged. Same coach brought over $22k & left country for Australia.

Snooze>>>>>>>>lose.

282857_10151763413348221_1362430406_n.jpg

1619201_10152219849583221_1063055223_n.jpg

And to think of all of the coaches of various years that have been screwed up as a result of what was really kind of a lame movie!

Back