1970 Cadillac Superior Rescuer returns

it's worth the asking price from the pictures. cost you a lot more then that to bring one up to this. some one buy 3 of my projects, a jeep and a Geo convertible and I'll get it. I would have room to put in inside then along with the limos. heck get the limos to I'll have it and get a old pickup for a daily driver. but right now we have no room at the in. :eek:

You do have to take into consideration the fact that it was a red car that has been painted orange and it still has red door jambs, red fire wall, and red interior. Most potential buyers would want it painted red to match the rest of the car.

fine car

this is brian whelans car. nice as they come. like to have it but(theres always a but) 19k is to much right now for me. ive got 37 cars to sell and buying as many as I can due to tax season. gotta make hay while the suns out or I would own this car. maybe later if he doesn't sell it.

Jeep

it's worth the asking price from the pictures. cost you a lot more then that to bring one up to this. some one buy 3 of my projects, a jeep and a Geo convertible and I'll get it. I would have room to put in inside then along with the limos. heck get the limos to I'll have it and get a old pickup for a daily driver. but right now we have no room at the in. :eek:

I like that Jeep Ed, when the time comes give me a call.

come get it anytime:thumbsup: as for the color change on the car redoing it from orange back to red is simple enough. the federal mandates back in those days required the orange if you revived a grant. what we would like and what was hx correct is often far apart. one forgets these were work cars not show cars.

I can hear it right now. Mable thanks for calling. yes I'm OK still in the hospital and set down your not going to believe this but when they loaded me in the ambulance I noticed that out side it was orange and white but inside it was red and white. can you believe that!!!!

I have seen red with a green interior also, didn't like that either

... the federal mandates back in those days required the orange if you revived a grant...
Well, sort-of. To get a Federal Block Grant to purchase a new ambulance, the ambulance had to meet the full Federal specifications, which included orange colored stripe. That didn't start till '73 or '74. So this wasn't painted orange for a grant.

That said, many services repainted older units to match the newer fleet, so it was not unusual for a slightly older pro-car ambulance to be repainted orange.

No, nobody cared in the day about the orange outside and red door jambs. But this is now, these are collector cars, and folks prefer they match.

This "edition" ends in a few minutes.

Got the URL saved so I can peek at it after the bidding is one....coming up in minutes.

Back