For Sale On Copart 59 S&S Combo

You need to be a registered dealer to bid.

If a vehicle has a salvage title, general public (registered with Copart) may bid. If a clean title, yes dealer. In the case of this particular S&S given location, one must be a NC dealer (also registered with Copart). Copart places much red tape in process to becoming a bidder. I've known about this since S&S pulled onto their lot 12 days ago. Auction went up Wednesday and by Thursday morning pics had been added.

My gut says out of state dealer who purchased this from Otto (after jerking him around with payment for over a week) is trying for a small profit before shipping coach and tying up more money in it.

Copart is a scum outfit to deal with. They take consignments for a very reasonable price and do the on line auction. I have a friend in the salvage business who regularly sells there with good results. If you want to bid you will have to go through a registration process but as far as I know they now allow the public to bid. I just checked with friend yes the public can bid as this is NOT salvage. Interesting in that he says you will not be able to tell if it sold or for how much. I quit Copart 20 years ago after they sent a car I bought to Minn by accident. and said it was my problem to get it back.

Slight correction to my previous post: Must be a registered dealer with Copart, not NC specific. The car does have to pass through a NC inspection though if sale goes through, regardless of dealer location.

If you're considering bidding, read every bit of fine print. Copart has a bunch of hidden fees. Among them: $75 title transfer, inspection fee, $75(?) lot inventory fee (or however it is phrased, goes back to 'intake' fee), $75(?) lot removal fee before vehicle can leave, plus commissions: $100 for $100-$500 winning bid; $125 up to $1k; add an additional $100 for every $1k over.

$8600 bid at moment reserve not met is currently pushing $10k out of pocket. Safe to assume as with any reserve auction that there are some artificial bids being placed to spur interest as well. Difference being with Copart shill bids, those are kept private and not revealed.

We buy cars every week from copart and like them fine. No issues with what we have done over last four years or so. They do about 90% salvage stuff we don't buy those. A lot of good charities sell through them is where we get stuff from.

That was my next thought, enough about copart, who knows anything about the car and what shape it is in?

Danny: I know nothing about Otto or the car other than it was parked week after week as a >>>>> street sign >>>>> to direct people to his antique store that was a couple of blocks off the main drag.... and that the City of Temecula was continually giving him a hard time. Not being a hearse guy... I only paid attention that it was a 1959 Cadillac with S&S "Date Marks" that have always intrigued me that some S&S's have them..... and some don't..... like our former 1973 S&S Medic Mark I that had virtually every other option possible.... EXCEPT them? MM

Back