Alzheimers Research Car Show

Brendan Martin

PCS Member
It was a great day here in the Ocean State, so we took the 63 to an Alzheimers Research Car Show at an assisted living facility in Portsmouth, R. I.

image-652014755.jpg

Steve, if all goes well, it will be there. Looking forward to it. Jen's aunt lives in the next town over, so we're shooting for a great vacation. Ed, I owe you big time for bringing this car back. The show was fun, and right after, it went to the shop, for the heater core, and the neutral safety switch. By summers end it will be getting new bias ply tires as well.

you putting back on the 890x15s. I haven't mounted this set here for Virgule yet but they look OK from what I see.

the car had the 890 x 15 with a 3 inch white wall when new. cooker or universal sells then with a fire ston stamp.

Attachments

• firestone 890x15.JPG
    firestone 890x15.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 125
Brendan, that car is so awesome, I never get tired of looking at it. The lines the color combination.

the car had the 890 x 15 with a 3 inch white wall when new. cooker or universal sells then with a fire ston stamp.

Ed, I think you are incorrect about the white wall size. Starting in 1962 the professional cars had 890x15's with a one inch white wall. Does any body produce the 890 in a one inch white wall?

none that I can find. Coker and Universal Offer these. I'm guessing they are the same company. were you could easily get away with the 3 inch on the 63 putting them on my 72 just wasn't right.

I would think that if enough of us pressure them to they might start offering them in a smaller white wall. they are the correct tire, right load rating. even the extended load 235s are not rated for 2,500 lb a tire.

the only other choice for a correct tires is the 700 x15 8ply you can't get them in a white wall . if I remember right the ones on Brendons car are now 2 inch.

Back