2015 cars

When I went to my first meet in 2013 (Milwaukee), I came for TWO reasons: to see the cars AND to meet people I only knew from the message board and phone conversations. I wasnt disappointed on either count. Looking forward to 2018 in South Dakota as that one is within the realm of possibility of driving my coach to it!

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ed...South Dakota will be at the earliest 2021 right? I thought they had plans for all years up til then. I HOPE it's 2018, Rick...that would be great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ed...South Dakota will be at the earliest 2021 right? I thought they had plans for all years up til then. I HOPE it's 2018, Rick...that would be great.

We have bids for meets through 2020. Ed asked me for an application last week I think. We don't have anything for 2021 yet, so it could be his.

What years and locations do you have bids for? Also, correct me if I am wrong, couldn't a chapter bid for a year that another chapter is also bidding on, and that the Board of Directors would consider both, and decide who would get that years bid.

What years and locations do you have bids for? Also, correct me if I am wrong, couldn't a chapter bid for a year that another chapter is also bidding on, and that the Board of Directors would consider both, and decide who would get that years bid.

2016 - Gettysburg, PA (approved)
2017 - Lebanon, MO (approved)
2018 - Detroit, MI (pending board approval)
2019 - Northeast Ohio (pending board approval)
2020 - Adirondack area of New York (pending board approval)

If other chapters want to apply for years that have not been approved yet, they are more than welcome to do so. They just need to keep in mind that there will be competition and that the board will grant the meet to whichever proposal they think is best and they will listen to any recommendations that the International Meet Review Committee may have as well. 2021 is currently the next year that we have completely open with no competition.

I was under the impression that 2016 was Gettysburg, 2017 was Detroit, and 2018 was South Dakota. Where did Lebanon come from?. If I have to wait until 2021 to drive to a meet, I could be dead by then!

I was under the impression that 2016 was Gettysburg, 2017 was Detroit, and 2018 was South Dakota. Where did Lebanon come from?. If I have to wait until 2021 to drive to a meet, I could be dead by then!

Rick, for some reason I think you and me got the same impression, cant remember where I heard it though. Im pretty bummed now, I thought it was coming up soon. You may be dead by 2021, but I probably will be :(

I'm not sure where you heard 18 was South Dakota. Ed only asked for a meet application on June 12. I believe that Detroit submitted its application for 2018 in February 2014. They then took me on a tour of their proposed host hotel in February 2015 on the day of the Micro Meet. They have their dates, meet itinerary and hotel set. They are presenting their proposal to the board at the mid winter meeting.

Hey Ed, do it at the same time as Sturgis and get a double whammy on that trip. Could trailer the Harley to that one. :eek:

I think it would probably be pretty tough to find a hotel for then, especially at a discounted rate. Ed might need to shoot for a different time.

two dates here you have to work around are the Rally and central states fair. to get away from them and accommodate the needs of everyone we would be shooting for a july date. hot days, cool nights the rainy season is over with mosley and summer is in full swing.

:applause:
numbers were not disappointing for me. it took us about 2 hr to do the judging, I got to eat lunch around 1 even though we were judging 3 categories instead of just one. for once I got to enjoy the show, look threw the museum and relax a little. now you add the cars inside to the list and there were a lot of cars there. cars that at any other meet you might only find one of. I think there were at least 6 horse drawn, with a nice child's hearse and cars from early teens to into the 2000s. we learned a lot as to how the museum got it's name it is not affiliated in any way with the corporation SCI,

at the board meeting we got a candid explanation of of how this web site works. (it's not at all what you hear in the back room) and stuff you never get into at a larger meet.

in the Ohio meet, the largest gathering of cars we have ever had, it took till 4pm to get the cars judged. we had two bus loads and chase cars to every event. it was fun but I bet without looking at the pictures I can only describe about 10 cars that were there.

each type of meet has there plus and minus. the only minus at this one was a lower participation from the general membership. due to a number of personal reasons. lower participation means lower number of cars. my brake down only meant that Bill got the longest distance driven award I could have beat him by 300 miles.

those of us that were there came for a good time and I did not hear of one person that left disappointed. a number of first time to a event ever people were there. the normal to some not all confusion was there with a man covered thin and all his help being not from town. but Bill and I got to tour a part of residential Houston no one else got to while we were trying to figure how they spelled the street name for the museum. so we could get in address in his smart phone and my dumb GPS i e a u can all sound the same in a name. Mike and Vicky have tales about navigation with dead reckoning and GPS with one way streets from the back seat of the Yukon. we had fun we came to have fun so we did. that is the key.

I truly missed seeing you and your car this go round but hay there is another and one more longest distance award to pay for.

Thanks Ed, Well at least we got lost in one of the more affluent sections of Houston. And "Siri" on my IPhone can't spell worth a darn! I kept asking it for the National Museum of Funeral History and it gave me a selection of about 80 funeral homes in greater Houston! But revels, we did get back!

The meet was not just about cars anyway! My brother Bob, knows more about Texas History then any "Michigander" that I know of and he clearly has a passion for history and historical details..., like so many PCS Members! That is why Bob selected many of the venues (Two days we traveled via bus), clearly wanting to keep PCS Pro Cars out of Houston TX traffic but showing everyone a great time. This being my first major PCS out of state event, I have nothing to compare this too but I believe it is or will be a template for future "Local History" associated meets. I am looking forward to Gettysburg! I had a wonderful expirence everywhere we went and I learned a bunch and would have loved to have more time in Texas because it was my first trip there in 25 years. I know that you seized the chance to go to "The Alamo" (isn't that where John Wayne got killed!), during your travels as many other PCS Members did! I would like to share a couple of photo's of my stops so here they are!

Attachments

• IMG_5710.jpg
    IMG_5710.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_5412.jpg
    IMG_5412.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_5392.jpg
    IMG_5392.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5331.jpg
    IMG_5331.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_5755.jpg
    IMG_5755.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 331
one might take a note of this shot in the museum. the cars are not sitting on the floor but up on pegs under the suspension. the task of getting them each down and outside would not have been a easy one. here is my favorite shot from inside. I had to chuckle about the flower tray in the ambulance but it's a museum what can you expect. I would have these up on the drops shots site but we are experiencing technical difficulty with uploading to it.

but like all museums they need to work on there signs were the information is politically correct it misses the mark some what. I don't believe that studebaker ever built a superior hearse and the proper name for this one would be a combination from the description. then it being set up in both configurations makes it just a museum piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0534a.jpg
    IMG_0534a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0525a.jpg
    IMG_0525a.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0533a.jpg
    IMG_0533a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 318
one might take a note of this shot in the museum. the cars are not sitting on the floor but up on pegs under the suspension. the task of getting them each down and outside would not have been a easy one. here is my favorite shot from inside. I had to chuckle about the flower tray in the ambulance but it's a museum what can you expect. I would have these up on the drops shots site but we are experiencing technical difficulty with uploading to it.

but like all museums they need to work on there signs were the information is politically correct it misses the mark some what. I don't believe that studebaker ever built a superior hearse and the proper name for this one would be a combination from the description. then it being set up in both configurations makes it just a museum piece.

Ed, do you happen to have a picture of the STOWERS hearse?

Here are some more cars from the day...

1921 Rockfalls Hearse

1973 Mercedes-Benz Hearse. Coachbuilder, anyone?

Inside the Mercedes-Benz...

It would make a VERY nice hearse for a family, I wanted it bad!

Campbell (?) Rolls Royce Hearse

1972 Toyota Hearse (Another of my favorites)

received a pleasant surprise from Mark and Tom yesterday. I just don't know how those guys do it but they have captures the essence of the 2015 meet without being there. now if it was me I would have ended the video with Ray Charles line from the 7 spanish angels song but these guys got more tack.

way to go one more successful meet is now officially in the books on the disk thanks .

Back