My '74 M-M Lifeliner

the 72 with the 890s calls for 24 in front 40 in the rear. you know you put 40 psi i the rear the car handles a lot better.

My headliner, before and after cleaning with Simple Green.

M-M used a much-higher quality vinyl for its ambulance headliners than what Superior used. Has anyone had any luck in having their original headliner material re-stitched? My headliner is good on this Lifeliner, but the stitching is failing when cleaning it.

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
it could be done but one will most likely will damage it doing the R&R. it a grand to get some one to make you up a new one.

I recently discovered, through Dennis Svoboda, that my '74 M-M Lifeliner was in fact originally owned by Shurtleff Ambulance in Lincoln, NE for only about a 6 month period of time. It was then traded for a '75 M-M Lifeliner.

Here is a Yellow Pages ad that Dennis found featuring a photo of my '74 Lifeliner(top photo).

Attachments

• Shurtleff Eastern Ad.jpg
    Shurtleff Eastern Ad.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Jacob,
Your '76 S&S is in the lower right of this photo.

Attachments

• 5765314640_57800af72c_z.jpg
    5765314640_57800af72c_z.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 305
I recently discovered, through Dennis Svoboda, that my '74 M-M Lifeliner was in fact originally owned by Shurtleff Ambulance in Lincoln, NE for only about a 6 month period of time. It was then traded for a '75 M-M Lifeliner.

Any idea why it was traded in so soon?

Steve,
According to Dennis Svoboda:

"Shurtleff Ambulance received the 1974 MM Lifeliner late in 1974. After about four months they started to notice some structural problems that was resulting in rust in the patient compartment. They took it back to Anderson Fire Equipment in Omaha and traded it for an identical 1975 Lifeliner. Anderson repaired the problems and fixed the rust and then it was sold to Minden as a DEMO ambulance."

Tony,
I will post a photo this weekend when I get back home.

Here is the data plate on my '74 M-M Lifeliner Tony.

Attachments

• VIN Plate- '74 Lifeliner.jpg
    VIN Plate- '74 Lifeliner.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 480
Tony,
I never owned the '74 Lifeliner from Madison. Last I knew, it was a total POS and some guy from TX was trying to sell it on eBay.

I had some time over the noon hour while passing through Minden, NE today, so I stopped by the city library and perused their microfiche for the 1975 calendar year(I had assumed that Minden City/County Ambulance had purchased my '74 Lifeliner used at some point in 1975). There it was on the front page........ August 27, 1975. They were holding an open house to show off their new rig! This was held about 6 weeks after they purchased it. It was about 1 year old and had 20,000 miles on it. Minden owned it for 18 years prior to trading it off.

Shurtleff Ambulance in Lincoln, NE(the original owners) had previously traded it off for a new '75 M-M Lifeliner.

Attachments

• '74 #3.jpg
    '74 #3.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 301
  • '74 #2.jpg
    '74 #2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 286
I have been searching for a better set of inner and outer front fenders for my '74 Lifeliner for some time now. I stumbled onto this pair this past week while traveling for business in central Kansas. They are in amazingly good condition, close to home, and very reasonable!

Attachments

• '74 CDV 2.jpg
    '74 CDV 2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 162
  • '74 CDV 1.jpg
    '74 CDV 1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 163
buy the whole car, and have lots more parts to sell off of it. If not the car, then at least the nose.

I'm with Paul get the whole front clip. If the fenders are threw then it's as safe bet that you hood has rust on the inside also. But all depends on price does it not.

Back