.68 Superior 3-Way in CA

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
'68 Superior Cadillac 3-Way w/ power table in CA! Good looking coach and no reserve!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Hearse-/201652803644?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

1968 Cadillac Miller Meteor Coach Hearse
Car is a true barn find. Has been sitting for 4 years and ran great when it was parked. The 472 motor is mounted to a turbo 400 trans and are original to the car and a heavy duty suspension. Brakes appear to work fine but as with any car I would recommend you go through the car mechanically first before driving. Drivers window will need to be replace as will the windshield there is a crake. most of the lever's are there and the coach has a power table that slides out and to the side. This is a excellent opportunity to own a Miller Meteor hearse at pennies on the dollar, in its day this was the top of the line. Car is being sold as is with no warranty written or implied. Please email me with any questions you may have, remember this is no reserve.

On Aug-24-16 at 17:23:19 PDT, seller added the following information:

After reviewing the cars trim and build tag further today we have found the Hearse to be a Superior coach Hearse. Hearse does run, we drained all the old fuel today and flushed the lines and replaced the battery and it started right up. As stated before this is a barn find and will need some love, hence the NO RESERVE Auction. Have fun and enjoy

On Aug-24-16 at 20:05:22 PDT, seller added the following information:

On a side note this is a three way model, very rare with the table sliding out both sides, been told its electric and sliding out the rear.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 599
it will be back they were just testing the waters. for 15 it should have been ready to hop in and drive home.

Does anyone have more info on this coach?
I am in negotiations to buy it from the current owner.
Just looking for input to make an informed decision and price point.

Thanks!

Does anyone have more info on this coach?
I am in negotiations to buy it from the current owner.
Just looking for input to make an informed decision and price point.

Thanks!

No info on it , but if local I can go take a look for you if you want. If interested in a 3-way I have a 73 for sale and thinking of selling the 65 3-way also . Shoot me a PM or call any time 760-247-3693 between 9-9 PCT. Thanks I will have to get some pics of the 73 which is a M-M.

Attachments

• DSC03963.jpg
    DSC03963.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 295
No info on it , but if local I can go take a look for you if you want.

The coach is no longer in CA, but thanks for the offer to take a look.
Current owner says it runs and drives. Windshield is cracked. Needs body work. Most of the interior is there, but the front bench seat has been removed and replaced with a different bench (center armrest).
Any idea what I should offer?

The coach is no longer in CA, but thanks for the offer to take a look.
Current owner says it runs and drives. Windshield is cracked. Needs body work. Most of the interior is there, but the front bench seat has been removed and replaced with a different bench (center armrest).
Any idea what I should offer?

Any pics, more the better would help in determining price.

finding the door glass my not be all that easy. but if the interior is good it's a 3 to 5 grand car if not your looking at a 1-2. dan's would be a better buy

More pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/ikrp5hK

Q5Mi1PT.jpg

What is going on with those left headlight bulbs. To me, it looks like there must have been an accident to the left front, and they used the wrong headlamp buckets when the repair was done. Other than that I don't see any evidence of a front end collision, although it does warrant a closer examination to be certain. The hood lip molding being cracked is common.

defiantly worth the low side. expect to get around 10,000 in getting it up to show condition. just getting it running again is always a mystery. things like parts laying on the body that set of light with the light cups swapped all show it owned by people that had no idea how to repair one. or correct mistakes made. now that might not be the current owner, but there is some reason that it has not been improved on when the have had it. at best a old car is a money pit. so you do want to get the best you can for the money first. those thousand dollar cars can cost you a lot. especially if your unable to do your own repairs. so that being said Dan showed you a couple. here is one you can get for 8 grand that you can get in start and drive. sitting out in front of my house under a cover.

Attachments

• IMG_4342.jpg
    IMG_4342.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 174
Just in case you missed it, more pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/ikrp5hK

I'm set on a 1968 traditional landau.
The 472 is an engine I am familiar with, it was in my 1970 Superior Crown Royale 3-way Landaulet.
I also have a 1968 Superior Landau Combo parts car and a 1968 MM Combo parts car.

Just in case you missed it, more pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/ikrp5hK

I'm set on a 1968 traditional landau.
The 472 is an engine I am familiar with, it was in my 1970 Superior Crown Royale 3-way Landaulet.
I also have a 1968 Superior Landau Combo parts car and a 1968 MM Combo parts car.

If you can do most of the mechanical work and or body work I would say go for it , If not most are a money pit from hell. Does it run , does the table work etc etc. Can I ask what they are asking for it? Thanks

If you can do most of the mechanical work and or body work I would say go for it , If not most are a money pit from hell. Does it run , does the table work etc etc. Can I ask what they are asking for it? Thanks

My last mechanic flaked on a trade deal, but I have another lined up.
The car does run and drive. It is unknown if the table works. Everything looks like it's there. (minus the original bench seat and a few minor pieces like door armrest)
They are asking $6,500 which is, of course, way overpriced.

My last mechanic flaked on a trade deal, but I have another lined up.
The car does run and drive. It is unknown if the table works. Everything looks like it's there. (minus the original bench seat and a few minor pieces like door armrest)
They are asking $6,500 which is, of course, way overpriced.

Without more details I would say 2500 -3500. :my2cents:

Back