Latest addition

We have added another car to the fleet. Like they say you can't have just one. This was actually the first pro car we looked at roughly six years ago. Since then we have acquired four other cars. We trailered the car home today roughly 200 miles round trip. About a half hour after having it home it was running and driving. We even took it for a spin down the road. We have gotten all of the sign boards working and all of the marker lights working. Interior lights are also working. Needs some minor mechanical work and some cosmetic work but short of a new set of tires we wouldn't hesitate to take this one on a road trip. More photos to come.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 385
Congratulations Rich! Looks like a very worthwhile ambulance and it is fabulous that you have saved it. I look forward to more pictures.

For whatever reason I can only upload one photo at a time and can't seem to upload to an album so here are a few more photos. Some photos are loading sideways as well. Gotta love technology.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 287
Here is another. The lights work except the rear load lights which is because a wire has been chewed through.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 284
Knowing that it runs and that you were able to drive it has to give you a sense that you made a good decision on this unit. Know you can begin sinking lossa money in it :D

I have had the pleasure of meeting both of the Koski Brothers. I appreciated their hospitality and sharing their love if ProCars. Great couple of guys.

Thank you for the kind words. We enjoy meeting other pro car enthusiasts. So far everyone we have met has been pleasant and positive. We look forward to visiting in person when we can.

Wow

So where did you find this beauty? I love the 69/70 model years. It looks really good, congratulations on the find. :applause:

We believe it had tunnel lights as there are holes that have been filled. There is also a hole filled on the A pillar where a spot light once was. We picked this car up in southwest Michigan.

We believe it had tunnel lights as there are holes that have been filled. There is also a hole filled on the A pillar where a spot light once was. We picked this car up in southwest Michigan.

I think you're right. Front and rear tunnel lights were standard equipment on Superior hightops in this year, I'm thinking it's unlikely a customer would request to delete standard equipment (unless the customer was the military).

Especially since they added the optional front and side lit signs.

I'm going to guess that your car is this one, photographed at Dennis Distributors in Flint, MI in 1983:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=77095&postcount=596

Yes, it looks like the "good folks" at Dennis Distributing pretty much stripped the exterior of this one! Wonder why, unless they frequently did that on rigs that would not be going back into service? They even swapped out the tires!

I guess it is better to have the exterior stripped than the interior!

Back