A question of membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me say that I am grateful to have access to these forums as a non-member of the PCS. It is a wonderful resource to those who truly enjoy funeral vehicles in any capacity. But I have a question.

"What is the benefit of being a dues-paying member of the PCS for someone in my geographical location?"

I live 5 miles north of Dallas Texas, and there is no local chapter. There are no members (that I know of) in my area at all. There are no meets within driving distance for someone who has little gas money to spare. The message board is free in most aspects. All that is offered is a newsletter that I have never seen a copy of to appreciate. So, what is the benefit of becoming a member and upping the membership count? I'm interested, but cannot bring myself to spend money with little or no percieved benefit.

First off, let me say that I am grateful to have access to these forums as a non-member of the PCS. It is a wonderful resource to those who truly enjoy funeral vehicles in any capacity. But I have a question.

"What is the benefit of being a dues-paying member of the PCS for someone in my geographical location?"

I live 5 miles north of Dallas Texas, and there is no local chapter. There are no members (that I know of) in my area at all. There are no meets within driving distance for someone who has little gas money to spare. The message board is free in most aspects. All that is offered is a newsletter that I have never seen a copy of to appreciate. So, what is the benefit of becoming a member and upping the membership count? I'm interested, but cannot bring myself to spend money with little or no percieved benefit.

Four issues of the award winning magazine "The Professional Car" is worth the price of membership.

I do not know thelocal towns in your area, but there is 28 members in Texas, and 3 just in Dallas.

Joining the Society will give you...

a directory containing the contact information for ALL of the members of the Society. It will also give you four issues of a magazine you have to see to appreciate. This is not some little photocopied newsletter or some electronic message like other clubs offer, this is a glitzy, glossy, thick magazine filled with color, filled with photos, and filled with information you simply won't see anywhere else. Our magazine staff contains all three of the worlds leading authors on the subject of professional vehicles (McCall, McPherson, and Merksamer). Hope you will consider joining the club.

that plus the membership roster so that if your out and about you can look up members were your at. everyone is always willing to show off there cars.
if you did not get the names of members in Dallas. drop me a line and I can give you names and phone numbers. never a good Ida to list names and address's on the web.

Contact Bill Wright and see if he will send you a copuple of the old TPC magazines. This will stimulate you to become a member I'm sure.

Little or no perceived benefit???

Larry,
One of the benefits is one that you stated you appreciated, the very fact that the PCS exists and has this web site. If not for members and their dues, the organization would not exist. Of course, the frosting on the cake is as others have stated the award winning Professional Car magazine. That alone is worth the small price one pays in membership dues. The support of folks like you is essential for the Society to grow and prosper.
John Dorgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back