continuing holiday procar hunt 'tradition'

Atti, when you run into some of the earlier coaches please keep in mind i could use a door stop strap for the rear door for my 49. i really dont care what it comes off i would like to have one so when people open my rear door it quits hitting the quarter panel as they let go of it.

Brendan, I don't have a picture of a single plastic interior badge remaining on that '63. Granted not every door was opened/photographed but I do document details - many more than whatever is posted. In badges 'normal' place are embossings instead. W/o tiny holes in upholstery, I'm uncertain this coach even had them.

The only Superior w/ nice plastic inner badges is the '60. Usually that style badge is quite crazed.

Rocky - will see what I can come up with for 'ya.

As an update w/o being too specific, seller has started pricing already. He's being humbly realistic and only a few quotes approach market value. This is boding well so far... :thumb:

Atti, when you run into some of the earlier coaches please keep in mind i could use a door stop strap for the rear door for my 49. i really dont care what it comes off i would like to have one so when people open my rear door it quits hitting the quarter panel as they let go of it.

This is kind of what im looking for.

Attachments

• 2011 pcs ohio meet 266.jpg
    2011 pcs ohio meet 266.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 2011 pcs ohio meet 303.jpg
    2011 pcs ohio meet 303.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 365
the plastic script we need are here on the center doors. they would slip a card with the name of the home on it in to them. or so I was told

Attachments

• 55 IMG_4705a.jpg
    55 IMG_4705a.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 313
Rocky
I have one of those from a 55 S&S. It has had a poor welding repair done on it.Now I don't know if I have it here in Sydney or if its still at my brothers place in Calgary.If you say it will work for you ,,I will go through my boxes here.If its here you can have it (its just a question of how I get it to you)

Doug

if only it were that easy,,,,someone has to actually get the piece and package it up and send it...And I don't want to ask my brother as it is a bit of a sensitive issue with the remains of a 55 S&S still sitting in his yard.

The '73 MM

Hey Atilla, what shape was the steering wheel for the '73 MM in? I'm looking for a black one in decent shape. Also the heater control unit (left side of dash) and modulator/regulator (right side, beneath the dash - attached to the heater box) and all of the vacuum lines that connect the 2.

Thanks

Bill

If it was me I would just keep people from opening my rear door, it may be easier, since what you are looking for is a S&S exclusive part. You can always use a leather strap for now, until you can find the piece you need.

Attila, (and others who do this as well!)
Basically, THANK YOU!!! I've only seen a few of the pictures so far as we have a very slow internet connection but will check them all out in time!! These old yards are just not around in western NY anymore and if they are you can't get in them!! spending a day or so in a place like this would be like a dream!!! There is one yard (Valentines) just down the road from me (I took Ed there when he stopped by on his way home after the '10 PCS meet) that has a lot of old iron but it's all overgrown and pretty much rusted to dust, nothing like the vehicles you post!! to a NYer like me so much of what you show looks savable!!!
Thanks again!! I really enjoy it!!
by the way, I'm into all vehicles but my particular favorites are '71 to '76 GM clamshell wagons, pretty much gone around here, well that is except for derbiers bringing back southern ones and the three that I own myself!! wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of those thrown in when you are out!!

Dana Bennett
Forestville, NY

If it was me I would just keep people from opening my rear door, it may be easier, since what you are looking for is a S&S exclusive part. You can always use a leather strap for now, until you can find the piece you need.

I have gotten really good at when i see people opening the door to hollar out do not let go of it. The problem with having such a big car is at the shows it gets to be the one that gets the coolers and chairs and canopys ect so people are always going into that car. And the kids alway like sitting in the back of it.

I take it you have the broken strap and mounts. if it's not spring steel then a repair and re plating would save you a world of aggravation. or the temporary fix John suggested.

Superior 54 is toasted. I'll differ year to others here. From once transporting body donors to now being a parts donor. Full circle.

dsc07791f.jpg

dsc07792t.jpg

dsc07793x.jpg

dsc07794l.jpg

Just a couple cars away... Can't believe this engine was still in the Caddy.

dsc07886s.jpg

dsc07890d.jpg

The Superior 54 is a 1972...my dream is to eventually own a 1971, 72, or 73 Superior 54". Dang what a shame.

Abe

Attila
So cool!!! You post such great pictures. I hope PCSers that really need your search help benifit from your safaries.
I've said it before, and I think your the one to do it. A derilect old pro car calender lick the one Hemmings does, would be so cool.
THANX for sharing!!

Back