Mechanical siren wire routing?

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
I'm soon going to install my mechanical siren on my Lifeliner. There is a braced area on the cab between the tunnel lights. There's also a hole for the wiring.

My question is...what is the best routing for the power from the siren back into the engine compartment? Obviously it must go down a channel in either B pillar...but then should it go under the door sill or under the floor material along the transmission hump?

Any suggestions or experience with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill,

On both my 67 & 69, the wires for the electronic speaker goes down the driver's side "A" pillar.

I am sure that there is enough space in the "A" pillar for the larger size wires required for the mechanical siren. I'll find out for sure later this winter.

you can fish a # 4 cable down the windshield pillar. it may take some playing around to do it. try the old trick of a lighter wire first and have a terminal end on the cable. now were you come out may be a mystery. but it should have access hold on the base behind the dash. find out first as going up with the fish wire is usually easier. one most likly will need to take the top off the dash to get at things. it's a look and see kind of thing. the other trick is a stiff wire like a coat hanger. you can work that up first from the bottom then pull the cable down from the top. the hard part is getting the terminal around the sun visor mount. sliding the cable all the way over by the door may help. if the pillar cover gives you enough room a small slit in the headliner and tape it to the pillar put the cover over it works easily to. if I remember right MM did them that way. you don't mind beign crude you can do like stoner did

Attachments

• IMG_2173a.jpg
    IMG_2173a.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 209
Back