Q2B Testing

James Fischer

PCS Member
Could someone please advise on a foolproof way to "test" a Q2 ??
It is OFF the vehicle......would it need to be wired thru a relay ??,also how many wires should be coming from the motor ?
Thank you in advance.....
(We were able to get the "brake" to pop up and down but did not want to keep juice to it for any length of time.....)
Also

Best way to test a siren

I've always carefully clamped mechanical sirens in a large vise with blocks of wood.Put a bolt through the base and run a nut up on the bottom for a ground point.Use a heavy duty battery charger,or a battery with cables.connect negative to ground,and positive to the cable or positive terminal on the siren.

remember to keep fingers away from the siren rotor! You should wear hearing protection,heavy work gloves and safety glasses!!!Please be careful!
You can touch the brake wire to positive to stop the siren,Good luck!

Try this James. My "Q" has only has one cable for power to the motor and it grounds itself when mounted. There is a small wire for the brake. There is a solenoid connecting the button to the unit to the battery.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYjZdN_qHI[/ame]

there is a lot of difference between a test and operating one. set it on the floor use any 12 volt power source. jumpers and the family car will do. ground to the frame touch the power to the post. keep your fingers out of the moving parts. touch the brake wire to the pos source to test the brake and you know it makes noise and the brake works. one doesn't have to run it for ten minutes to see if it works. but if that's what you intend to do follow Denny's advice.

I always just put them on the garage floor, hook up a set of jumper cables, put my foot (firmly) on the motor end and torch 'er off. Just remember to keep your foot on the motor until it slows waaaayyy down, or you're gonna be chasin' it around.

The neighbors don't necessarily like it, but Zach enjoys the hell out of it!!!

Back