I finally have pics up!!!

man I can't see why people have to try to convert them to limos. the section of floor they cut out and the hatch are at least easy to replace. S&S used some heavy plywood for there floor and the flip panels. so recreating them will only take some carpenter skills. the good news is they used the same pattern of flip panels on all most all there cars. so if you were to find a junked out S&S of all most any year you could use them. then build the floor around it to fit your car. a little soap and water with a scotch pad on the outside and that car will photo as sharp and any other. I think I like the 60 the best of the fin years. it waill make a sharp looking car when compleated.

I have some stock wheels that I got from Coker tire that I still need to put on so those stupid rally wheels can go! Hey John do you know what thickness plywood that S&S used for the floor?

car brings back memories

thanks for posting these pics.niagara ambulance,the first service i worked for,had a 1960 miller limo style ambulance that i took many runs in.a lot of work ahead for you,but it will be worth it!!!!! :cheers:

At least this car is in good hands now! It was saved from the Shriners just so it could sit and rot. I figure it will be about a year long restoration.

There is a lot of solid potential there Casey, don't give up, she will be a beauty.

I have some stock wheels that I got from Coker tire that I still need to put on so those stupid rally wheels can go! Hey John do you know what thickness plywood that S&S used for the floor?

haha i have one of the stock wheels off your car its green...

just make sure your tire shop gets you wheels that are heavy duty
the standard cadillac wheels were not made for the weight of your car

glad someone got that car that is going bring it back to life and take care of it..

good luck with it

haha i have one of the stock wheels off your car its green...

just make sure your tire shop gets you wheels that are heavy duty
the standard cadillac wheels were not made for the weight of your car

glad someone got that car that is going bring it back to life and take care of it..

good luck with it

Want to sell me the wheel? The wheels I got from Coker are just so I can roll it around and get the the wheels that are on it off. I do plan on trying to find original wheels for it, so if you know anyone that has some please let me know.

That car really will be a buty when shes finished. The lines are just beautiful, and all that trim just sets it off. Casey, have you thought about what color your going to go with? Sending you a PM by the way.

Josh

That car really will be a buty when shes finished. The lines are just beautiful, and all that trim just sets it off. Casey, have you thought about what color your going to go with? Sending you a PM by the way.

Josh

Its going black because that seems to be the original color. I m thinking of doing the interior black and white instead of the blue and white it has now.

all I can remember on my 73 is they were heavy. at least 1/2 in flooring on both sides and the metal trim around them. rollers on one side blank floor on the other.

Attachments

• IMG_3552 set up for ambulance.jpg
    IMG_3552 set up for ambulance.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3555 set up for a Hearse.jpg
    IMG_3555 set up for a Hearse.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 120
I was thinking 1/2 inch for the floor. The next question is what style linoleum was in the back for 1960?

Check the floor attached to that jump seat you have. That should give you a good idea to the wood thickness and the type and style linoleum that S&S used in your coach.

Last edited:
Check the floor attached to that jump seat you have. That should give you a good idea to the wood thickness and the type and style linoleum that S&S used in your coach.

I looked at the jump seat all ready but the lino is to far gone to tell what it is supposed to look like. I figure I can look in the back of a couple of hearses around my year and pick one I think would be the closest!

you missed Jeremy's point. that piece of wood you have the seat attached to is the flooring. if you look at the pictures I have post of the 73 your seats would have gone in that way. then they fold and the seat bottom is the casket floor. the rear seat will have one roller in the bottom of it. here is one more pictures of the rear set folded flat and the front seat up. the car here is ready for the 2 gurneys. the other showes the back flip panel lifted up, the rollers are down.

Attachments

• IMG_005.jpg
    IMG_005.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3554 the rear compartment.jpg
    IMG_3554 the rear compartment.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 90
I m not sure what point I missed. I understand the jump seat makes part of the floor. If you mean when he said to look at the jump seat for the linoleum I already did and the linoleum is to far gone to see what linoleum supposed to look like. I will probably put some like yours in but with a little bit more of a grayish color.:)

all they did was attach the seat on top of the linoleum's and then cover over the the other side, add the edging. so under the seat will be like new for the pattern and the piece of flooring will give you the thickness of the plywood floor. by finishing both sides of the flip panels and having the edging and hardware on both sides it really make for a heavy panel. but the good news is they stay in place. you just don't run out and change them with out breaking into a sweat. do you have both of the seats or just the one? at least you have the one with the peg rest.

Back