Studebaker Professional Car Book

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Just a heads-up. As all serious funeral car and ambulance enthusiasts are aware, Studebaker professional vehicles had a long and illustrious history. And speaking of Studebaker funeral cars and ambulances, Tom McPherson has revealed that he has recently had the privilege and honor of significantly contributing to a new book that details the complete history of Studebaker's participation in the professional vehicle industry. Authored by our well-known friend and noted Studebaker and Packard authority, George Hamlin, this will be a real must-have for any true pro-car enthusiast's library. The book is soon to be released and pre-orders are now being taken. For more information contact the M. T. Publishing Company, Inc or go to::

https://mtpublishing.com/index.php/...V4N0bFoSXGnWruHnaO2oS87-3nyk2QUYfL-Pdte39pOKg

Is it going to be available on Amazon like Tom McPherson's books are, or is it being self published by the author?

Quick Overview

By: George Hamlin

• Special pre-order price:
$39.95* Standard Edition (plus S/H and tax)
$74.95 Bonded Leather Edition
• 8.5" x 11" Hardbound
• 320 Pages
• Hundreds of photographs
• Digital download available
(with hardbound copy) $9.95
• Personalization available +$7.00
(up to 24 spaces)

Pre-Order Policy
Due to the nature of Pre-Orders, it may be several months until you are charged for your order. Please refer to our Customer Service page for full details on payment and shipping policies for titles in Pre-Order status.

• Downloadable +$9.95

Studebaker Professional Cars (LEATHER EDITION) Personalization +$7.00 Maximum number of characters: 24

Personalization - 2nd Line +$7.00 Maximum number of characters: 24

Digital Ediiton
  • None
  • Downloadable +$9.95

Details

This new exclusive look at Studebaker’s professional cars is a must have for any Studebaker enthusiast. This book looks at a specific niche in Studebaker’s long history of automobile manufacturing with over 300 photos, advertisements and product listings dealing with the hearse/ambulance and limousine type cars. Scheduled to be released late spring 2019.

About the Author:
George Hamlin is a technical writer who found an early interest in professional cars—both for the craftsmanship involved in making them and for what he calls the “magic” involved in putting a passenger car into one end of a factory and reaping something entirely different out the other end. Most professional cars in the Studebaker orbit involve such magic, from a variety of custom-body firms building on a Studebaker platform, though this book also includes the cars that retained the stock body.

George is a long-time member of several auto-history organizations, three of whose interests coincide in this work: The Studebaker Drivers Club, the Professional Car Society, and the Society of Automotive Historians. He has written articles for several auto-hobby magazines and is one of the authors of Packard: A History of the Motor Car and the Company (Automobile Quarterly Library Series, Princeton Publishing, 1978) among other books. His varied back-ground includes work in radio, television, engineering, technical manuals, lumber delivery, and legal assistance.

George Hamlin has been a personal friend of mine for over forty years He was one of the founding members of PCS and has been a long time member of the Packard and Studebaker clubs and runs the Henney Chapter. He was a big contributor to the big Packard book. I personally enjoy his writing style and I am sure anyone who springs for this book will be pleased.

I received my copy this week and it's a wonderful book! It covers all the coach-builders - large and small, foreign and domestic - that built funeral coaches, ambulances and limousines on Studebaker chassis.
Mr. Hamlin has done a masterful job assembling the definitive history of these fascinating coaches in a factual, easy to read format. The book features many contributions throughout from Tom McPherson, Walt McCall, Brady Smith and several other PCS people. The factory photos, spec sheets and promotional materials reproduced in the book are all printed in a large format and are a delight to behold!

I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in professional car history and Studebaker's role in the industry.

Two thumps up!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4RifQLl.jpg

:)

Back