My '75 Victoria Is Finally Home!

John,
How much do you know of the car's ownership in terms of time line? I know that it was originally sold to a funeral home in Charles City, IA and then went to the Rash Funeral Home in Hamburg, IA. I don't have any approximate dates or years and don't have any names from that point-on. Do you have any dates or names to add? I just want to document whatever I can.
Thanks!

My friend bought it for his funeral home (Mitchell Family Funeral Home, Marshalltown IA) about 2005. I cant think of the funeral home he got it from, I want to say in Manning, IA, but that may be his other classic. He sold it to an employee of his, Shannon (will not mention last name here) around 2008-9, I thought you bought it from Shannon, but as you stated before, Shannon was not the owner so sometime in the last year he sold it to the owner you got it from. I sent you a PM with my friends number so he can fill you in on the owners before you got it and may be able to tell you more exact dates.
He may even be able to tell you when it was painted black!
Shannon was the owner when I was thinking of buying it for the last few years.

Last edited:
I think the Inverary Green is a nice color choice for this car. I have to admit, when I first saw pictures of my car, I wasn't to wild about the green interior, but as i'm sure Kurt will agree, it really grows on you for some reason.

Josh

Attachments

• 1975 Cadillac Inverary Green.jpg
    1975 Cadillac Inverary Green.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 73 S&S 001.jpg
    73 S&S 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 341
I think the Inverary Green is a nice color choice for this car. I have to admit, when I first saw pictures of my car, I wasn't to wild about the green interior, but as i'm sure Kurt will agree, it really grows on you for some reason.

Josh

I LOVE that shade of green. The 3 way will be stunning in that color!!!

You are correct John, I recall seeing this coach for sale in the 2005 1st quarter issue of the Iowa Funeral Directors Association magazine The Communique classifieds section by Ruth Ohde of Ohde Funeral Home in Manning, IA. It was used as a back-up coach at the time and they had bought a newer one to replace it. I was glad to see Marty had bought it then. I want to say in the ad it was originally owned by Hauser Funeral Home in Charles City, but I'm not 100% (when I moved out to California a couple years ago I threw away all my old Communiques.) Congrats Kurt on a lovely car.

'75 S&S Victoria

Here is an updated photo of my Victoria after adding a set of 1.6" white wall American Classics and switching out the original S&S caps for a set of the black "Turbine Veined" wheel covers. I have also switched out the right rear bumper end. This car is amazingly rust-free. Just some surface rust where the lacquer cracked and flaked off. I have a friend who is currently making new drapes to replace the faded original drapes. Now for a new exhaust system.

Attachments

• 1975 Victoria 003.jpg
    1975 Victoria 003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 1975 Victoria 004.jpg
    1975 Victoria 004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 238
Fleur de lis imprinted on the front seats

I parted out a MM combo (early 70s vintage) a few years ago and took the seats. I'll be putting them in my lifeliner because one of the prior owners took the original seats out and put in buckets. These seats have the flour de lis (des lis?) imprinted into the fabric on both the drivers seat (upper back) and passengers. Never saw that before or since......
Good luck
Kevin

Don't mean to hijack the thread and that is one beautiful coach but seeing those hubcaps makes me say this. I had a 1978 series 75 limo with those exact hubcaps on it. I lost one but still have the other 3. The car is long gone. I have never been able to find a replacement. Does anyone know if those hubcaps were coach maker specific, or standard cad ?????

Those "Turbine Veined" wheel covers were optional Cadillac issue. They were available with, or without the black center from 1974 or 1975(not sure as to which) through possibly 1979? Ken Novak can correct me on these exact years.

Just checked my Hollander "Wheel Cover Identification and Interchange" book. According to it, these optional turbine wheel covers were available from 1974 through 1978. It looks like the black center turbines were only available 1975 through 1978

If the miles are getting high, consider changing out the timing chain and sprockets as the originals have a plastic coating that flakes off and has a chance of affecting your ignition timing. Plus, if the chain breaks while you're driving, it would be a reallllly bad scene. Tom

I agree with Tom.

I would recommend this even with low miles, as the vinyl teeth can dry out from sitting. You can pull the distributor and inspect to see if the cam gear is plastic or not, but odds are it is, since it's such a lot mile car. If it shears the teeth, which is can do from something as simple as a backfire the teeth fall in to the oil pan. I had this happen once and it clogged the oil pick up tube. So I had to pull the pan, which on the 71-76 caddies can be done...but it's certainly a pain. Some people prefer the plastic gear over the all metal ones because it's quieter. I have to be honest, I have never changed a plastic for metal and notices any audible difference so I always go with the metal .

Very neat car car, BTW, and love the interior. Sounds like you got it for a steal!

Alex Lohmann

Don't know how I missed this thread being updated. The new tires look great. Kind of reminds me of a dark metallic green 73 Victoria. lol Are you going back with formal drapes?

Josh

A friend is reproducing the original airline style drapes as I cannot find any original S&S formal drapes to use as a pattern. Found some awesome NOS early '70s gold fabric to use! Rare to find a Victoria with anything but the original airline style drapes. Anxious to get the new drapes done! The original S&S drapery material was pretty ugly, in my opinion. I totally fell in love with this car after switching the tires for the American Classics!

Very nice!

Kurt, the detailing is paying off with all the items you have had done on the coach. Bravo! Not to terribly much of any major issue to deal with which is a real plus. Just bought 5 of the 1.6 American Classic's from Coker for our 1969 Cadillac Royale and like how they ride. Real cushy like riding on live rubber again. The old tires were 17 years old. One whitewall had a blem so it got sent back. Turbines are beautiful and elegant, nice touch. Wanted to ask next time I wrote, are pictures of any of your Imperials around the forum to See? Thanks!

Mike,
Have never posted any photos of my Imperials. Didn't figure anyone on this forum would be interested. I have a '59 Crown Southampton, a '61 LeBaron, a '62 LeBaron, a '68 Crown 4-door hardtop, a '68 LeBaron, a '69 Lebaron 4-door hardtop, and a '69 LeBaron 2-door hardtop. I really need to "thin the herd" on this addiction and get rid of a couple of these.

You should have learned by now that we like seeing pictures of just about anything. lol

I was amazed at how much better my car rides with the new Amaircan Clasics. This is the 2nd set I've bought, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Josh

Remarkable, literally.

I confess that my love for Mopars has not wained a bit after selling off my collection of 1967 Plymouth Barracuda's. The Imperials are a renewed interest to me since I have been watching old re-runs of "Mission Impossible" they seem to feature many Imperials and Cadillacs in the TV series. At one point I think folks got burnt out on Cadillacs and Chryslers were gaining interest for the folks needing limousines. Now that I know whats in the pole building at your home I will have to google the models you disclosed to see what we are missing. Please, if you get some spare time, post pictures of the Chryslers. Should boost your "Thank You's" on the forum. Kurt how do you go from a Mopar collector to a Cadillac man? In my case my first vehicle was the 59 Eureka in my avatar. Then I went to a 68 coupe deville. White with black top and red leather interior. It was a show stopper.

Today was the first time that I have had a chance to take it out for a spin since putting on the American Classics. Incredible ride! My new drapes are supposed to be done prior to Halloween.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 200
Tires

Kurt- best of luck! Could you please make a note to let me know what you end up buying for period-correct tires??????
Thanks
Kev

Back