1969 Superior 54" Ambulance WOW!!

By now, you may know how I feel about Superior styling. These are the ones to own and show, at least in my opinion. And the color on this Cadillac is stunning, isn't it? I agree with Ed's $15K in the condition it is in, perhaps even more. Obviously, it still has needs, but great potential.

Let us know what you find this weekend James. This rig would make a very nice addition to your rapidly growing fleet and wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to get it home!

Let us know what you find this weekend James. This rig would make a very nice addition to your rapidly growing fleet and wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to get it home!

I will give it my best shot,we (3 others) will be heading to Modoc Point which is north of Klamath Falls,Im guessing we will be going thru Klamath at about 3-4 AM...so wont see much then........:(
If I can talk the others to leaving a bit early Sunday in order to make it to the dealership while they are open I will surely get more photos and talk with them.....I would love to have this one,and since I have my 70 51" sold,I have a slot open....but I am also thinking the same as Ed...15-17K...but who knows.....;)

1969 Superior 54" Ambulance WOW!!

Interesting Plexi-glass storage box mounted on the medicine cabinet. Appears homemade, but well done.

I know I am getting old but I have had quite a few 69s over the years and don't remember any of them having tilt and scope. That being said most were eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey rigs and as such sold by Wolfingtons. There was intense competition between Wolfingtons (Superior) and other vendors in this area. Many sales were done by bid and as such frills were deleted for low price. I do not think tilt and scope was standard on commercial chassis but stand ready to be proven wrong.

Reserve not met at $19,220. With expectations of(obviously) $20,000 plus, he had better address the fender skirt issue. Are the skirt hangers even still there? Usually when I see skirts missing, I assume that the hangers rusted off. Finding '69/'70 skirts is not a problem, but finding the optional trim to put on those skirts would be a tall order!

Back