Slotted hubcaps...

I have a question. I keep seeing these slotted hubcaps for sale for '68 Cadillacs. At first I thought that the few that I saw may have been altered by someone for whatever purpose, but now I see many more of them. My question is: were these correct for on the front of cars with the disc brake option, to help dissipate heat? That was my only idea. Anyone else know? Here is a pic I took from Ebay:

Attachments

• SlottedHubcap.jpg
    SlottedHubcap.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 211
66 & 67 wheel covers were also avalible slotted and non slotted. I've been told that all CC cars would have had the slotted wheel covers at that time.

The 15" wheel covers on my 1963 Chrysler Pinner ambulance are slotted. I will have to check my 1969 Cadillac Miller Meteor ambulance, since that still has the oringinal caps that it was shipped with to see if they are slotted.

which ever you use the car would have all 4 of them on it. the exchange book doesn't tell why just that 67 and 68 were 12 slotted or not. the slotted in 68 is a Hollander number 2003. the book I have here dosn't list any other years as having slotted or not wheelcovers. 69 only showes one.

Back